Post ETS

SweatyCanuck

Hi everyone I have followed this forum for a long time (years off and on) and just wanted to ask a question to those of you who went through with ETS. I debated it for many years and finally went through with it last Thursday. I am not looking for people's opinions on the surgery - it was no longer an option for me. I can get over the social embarrassment of sweaty hands and feet but I refuse to let it compromise my life and hold me back in my career. So for me, ETS was the only way to go (yes, I tried absolutely everything else and cannot afford to get botox every 4 months). Anyways, I had VATS sympathectomy last Thursday at t3 and t4. Upon waking I was completely dry! I don't ever remember having dry hands ever! It was amazing. I haven't even wore socks since my surgery (I never wore sandals or went barefoot because of the amount I sweat). My palmar and plantar HH was very severe - my hands would drip while just sitting or standing around. Anyways, first few days were awesome but now I am worried about something. My feet are still dry but yesterday (Monday) my hands were clammy and sweating a bit (nothing like before but still I expect complete dryness) and today they are still clammy. To those of you who went through with ETS did you ever experience this? Does this mean it didn't work? Should I try to contact my surgeon? I am so worried about it! I was LOVING the dryness!

ukchick

Funny you should mention this but I had the surgery when I was 16 and am now 42,my hands have recently become quite clammy also. Very odd.My hands have been completely dry since my surgery and really scaring me that this is happening! Sorry I don't have an answer for you x

SweatyCanuck

It only lasted 2 days and went away so that is good. I am experiencing some CS (I work in a very hot environment) which I am less than thrilled with. Going to try driclor

ukchick

Hate to say but my cs is pretty awful! I drip everywhere except my hands! Good luck with the Driclor x

SweatyCanuck

Mine is quite awful and I'm sure it will get worse, but it sure is nice to have dry hands lol. The worst area is my... butt. Quite strange - also quite embarrassing. Don't want people thinking I've soiled myself at work (or elsewhere for that matter). I have always been fairly fit but the past 6 months fell out of my fitness and diet routine and have gained a bit of weight. Prior to ETS I noticed I was starting to sweat more in general. Would dropping my body fat percentage help?