Poem, "Where is God?"

Mary

When my father hit me and I ran away,
crying and angry I came to you that day.
I asked you to help me but got no reply
my heart was so broken I wanted to die.
Where were you?

When I was alone and scared,
humilliated and laughed at and no one cared..
Where were you?

Each time my fear overcame my mind
and it seemed like peace I would never find.
Where were you?

Then one day God said to me,

"I loved you so much that I died on a tree..
Where were you?
For you I was beaten and bruised,
humilliated and laughed at; I was abused.
Where were you?
For many years you ran away
and would not hear what I tried to say.
Where were you?
I answered your prayers but you did not know,
I told you to walk this way, but you did not go..
Where were you?"

I finally saw that God was right there
and He was not the one who did not care.
He told me things that I refused to hear,
never acknowledging that he was very near.
It was never God who was far away,
it was me who would not listen to what He had to say.

LA-girl

Hey, what a great poem Mary! I really needed to hear that today. Sometimes it is good to be reminded that he is not far away although it sometimes feel that way! Thanks! :D

Mary

Thank you everyone! I am glad that poem spoke to you and blessed you, it also helped me too! Sometimes when I get frustrated myself I feel like God is far away and want to tell Him, "where are you?" and then I feel like He tells me, " I am right here where I have allways been..where are you?" And I realize I am the one who has pulled away fr. Him.
We don't have a God who doesn't understand us or doesn't know suffering, Jesus has suffered more than probably anyone on earth has and knows what we all go through.
And sometimes He is trying to help us but we don't like or listen to what He is saying.

joshueg

I liked it very much, Mary. It is a very nice poem.
I thank you for having used clear vocabulary, English is not my mother tongue and it is hard for me to understand poems sometime.
Thanks, again!

alex07

It hit me so much that I felt overwhelmingly guilty. Thanks for this very honest poem.

qwerty77

ale beznadziejny utwor. wez sie lepiej zajmij czyms pozytecznym zamiast pisac takie glupoty. pozdrawiam/cheers

gulshen10

i tried to find good words,

but i couldn't,will it last thus?

what's this feeling that i can not explain?

i should give up trying to find in vain...

Mary

Sometimes I need to read my poem again and remember where I have come from and where God has brought me to now. I am in a better place now, Sp or not! Praise Jesus!

sketchy24

That was awesome! Totally brightens my day and brings a smile to my face... I'm gonna have to share that one with my friend. She'd really appreciate it too...

Lea

Banned
That´s not a bad poem. If we suffer that doesn´t mean God doesn´t exist, I think everything has its meaning, good or bad, only we can´t see it now yet. But maybe one day we will understand.. The Bible says that now we can see only as in the mirror, but one day we will see clearly. So the things will hopefully make sense then.