places or events

johnny 85

hi all, i was wondering what places or events brings out the worst of your SA ?

mine would have to be - shops, pubs and family events !

i had to go attend my aunts funeral a couple of months ago. all my cousins, aunts , uncles were at it, who i did nt see in years. the whole time i was dere i was thinkin to myself, ( i cant wait to get home). i was hoping no one would come up and start a conversation with me. i dont tink i left my sisters side the whole time i was there. after the funeral when i was at home i could nt understand why i was so nervous and uncomfortable around my own relations. i wood always get nervous/ uncomfortable around ppl but i did nt tink it would happen around my family !! ever since then ive been debating weather or not to go to my GP for help !!

Last edited:

Emily_G

hi all, i was wondering what places or events brings out the worst of your SA ?

Places where I know alot of people make me way more anxious and nervous than places where I know no one.

Like I am more nervous at church than I am at the mall. I think because I can stutter at the mall and I don't know anyone so who cares.

Weirdo

Family events are the worst, because you have to make yourself look retarded to people that are close to you and you are forced to be with them, unlike with other people.

dooby-duck

Family events are terrible, thats why I avoid them if at all possible. You can't really avoid funerals though without appearing uncaring and upsetting other people. Strangers are easier to cope with because you will probably never see them again but relatives will talk to each other and stuff.

As for places, I'm worse in places where I feel trapped like shops, supermarkets and restaurants. I need an escape route and in those places if you're buying or eating you can't just leave.

johnny 85

how did i forget restaurants / fast food restaurants also if im ever gettin a take away. if the chipper, pizza parlour etc has more than 4 or 5 people waiting for somthing i wood avoid it and go somewhere else.

spect01

when i go to the mall by myself, alone, and i sit next to 6 attractive young girls who smile at me the whole time

scarletlee

Classrooms! I have avoided them for years.
Also sitting around a table full of people incase someone asks me a question and everyone pays attention to me answering.