Photos..............................

uk_27

Anyone else here hate having their photo taken??????? Is that an SA thing or is it just somthing totally seperate!!!??????

missquiet

i guess i'm okay with it if i'm taking it myself or if i can go delete the ones i hate but other than that i don't really like it.

Thelema

My friend hates pictures. She hates turning on her webcam if she isn't looking perfect. I tell her she's beautiful and she doesn't need to be afraid of me seeing her but she still won't let me. At first I thought it was so stupid but then I remembered what people think about my social anxiety 8O

maggie

uk_27 said:
Anyone else here hate having their photo taken??????? Is that an SA thing or is it just somthing totally seperate!!!??????
i hate my picture taken..and trying to fake a phony smile.. i especially hate the video camera..and having to dream up something clever to say :evil:

D

deleteduser

My friends think im so weird, the way i hide when they try to take my picture. Im ok if its quick, i just hate if it takes a long time, because my mouth shakes lol :oops: Im not sure if its a social phobia thing :?

D

deleteduser

My friends think im so weird, the way i hide when they try to take my picture. Im ok if its quick, i just hate if it takes a long time, because my mouth shakes lol :oops:

sadday

hanny said:
i just hate if it takes a long time, because my mouth shakes lol :oops:

lmao :lol: oh man, that same things happens to me. I start having muscle spasms in my cheeks :lol:

SqueakyGibson

On a semi-related subject:

Do you find that you have much less photo "history" of yourself?

Due to a combination of not wanting to have my photo taken, and not having a social life, there is hardly any photo documentation of my life. That makes me sad when I think about it. Other people seem to have hundreds of photos of themselves at every stage of their lives.

I can also blame my parents for hardly ever photographing me as a child. I have like 1 baby photo, 1 toddler photo, 1 school photo age 15, then a handful of photos age 18. And that's about it. I was talking to someone online who couldn't believe I had so few childhood photographs - she was making thousands of photos and videos of her baby. Admittedly, I grew up in the age before digital cameras. I think kids born now have a much better advantage there.

cloaked

Squeaky i am the same. i have barley any photos of me from throughout my life. i also blame my parents somewhat for not taking pictures often, but mainly my fault for hiding from the camera.

scatmantom

I hate having my photo taken. I always have a stupid expression on my face or have bad skin on the day its taken.

Shonen_Yo

Yeah, my little photos are the only ones I like. I have one nice one of my siblings took for a photography thing: it's very nice. I'd show you all by I can't scan it or anything.

corrinaelizabeth

i absolutley h8 havin my photo taken,when i used 2 have friends(those were the days!)i always made sure i never had my pic taken group or singulary. im ok having photos taken by my mum or dad when i know for certain no one else will see them!!ive been with my bf for 2 years and we havent got any photos of us together and he hasnt got a photo of me,i just always feel i look fat(even tho im not)look totally ugly(even tho im not)and just look weird (even tho im ok with myself usually.)i wish i could get over this!!!alsoi h8 it when im chatting to sum 1 online and they ask 4 my photo and im like i havent got ne and they think thats totally weird!and when i say i dont like photos of myself they dont get it!

maggie

corrinaelizabeth said:
i absolutley h8 havin my photo taken,when i used 2 have friends(those were the days!)i always made sure i never had my pic taken group or singulary. im ok having photos taken by my mum or dad when i know for certain no one else will see them!!ive been with my bf for 2 years and we havent got any photos of us together and he hasnt got a photo of me,i just always feel i look fat(even tho im not)look totally ugly(even tho im not)and just look weird (even tho im ok with myself usually.)i wish i could get over this!!!alsoi h8 it when im chatting to sum 1 online and they ask 4 my photo and im like i havent got ne and they think thats totally weird!and when i say i dont like photos of myself they dont get it!
hey corrinaelizabeth..i know just what you mean...at family stuff..if at all possible, when i see a camera coming my way...i "conveniently" have to find the washroom...or move to the other end of the house...it's not like i totally hate the way i look..it's more i don't like the posing part...makes me uncomfortable :?

uk_27

I agree Maggie...........

Yes Maggie.............I think your probably right about the posing. Feels really awkard and as a result the you look like an idiot in the photo