Paxil/pexeva

Solo Dolo

These are two extremely similar medications, but doctors may tend to prescribe pexeva because paxil can be costly. Anyway i have tried them both and they work wonders for me socially. i would HIGHLY recommend speaking with your doctor about trying one of these. honestly they have worked fantastic for me.

agoraphobickatie

i've been taking the low dose paxil for 7 or 8 months and i think i like it... the effects of anti-anxiety/anti-depressants are hard to recognize until you quit taking it and you start feeling however you used to feel again, lol... anyway, it has basically helped me to keep 'balanced' as far as my anxiety/emotions go, i don't know.. i haven't had any problems, so i'm fine with it so far. it is a little pricey though, about 100$ for a month of generic paroxetine without my insurance =/

Solo Dolo

katie there is no doubt about what you said about not knowing how well they work until your off them....and i will tell you from personal experience that there was a significant/noticeable change in me when i went off the paxil. it was incredible. Also as far as the pricing goes...my doctor told me she usually prescribes pexeva to patients because it virtually the same thing but cheaper. i was on paxil before and it worked great but i stopped for an unrelated reason, went back to doctor to talk about going back on it but i was prescribed pexeva instead. And let me tell you, it works equally as well if not better. so perhaps you could speak to your doctor about making a change? good luck.

HopelessMess

i've been taking the low dose paxil for 7 or 8 months and i think i like it... the effects of anti-anxiety/anti-depressants are hard to recognize until you quit taking it and you start feeling however you used to feel again, lol... anyway, it has basically helped me to keep 'balanced' as far as my anxiety/emotions go, i don't know.. i haven't had any problems, so i'm fine with it so far. it is a little pricey though, about 100$ for a month of generic paroxetine without my insurance =/

Hey Katie. Just so you(and anyone else in the US) know: Walmart offers generic paroxetine very cheaply as part of some new program. Only $4 for a 30 day supply and $10 for a 90 day supply! ;)

http://www.walmart.com/cp/4-dollar-prescriptions/546834

Personally, I think Paxil kinda screwed me up from the year that I was taking it, but I was on the maximum dose. After Paxil, I had some depressive episodes that still continue to this day. It might have just been a coincidence, but I never had this before Paxil, and the depression started immediately after stopping Paxil.

Last edited:

agoraphobickatie

thanks hopelessmess, i feel like an idiot for not realizing it was on that list, lol and i used to work in a pharmacy! ...anyway, i'll have to get my pharmacy to price match, it used to be that they would just do it without you asking, so i guess that's why i didn't realize it was on the 4$ list, dammit! haha.. if only my birth control was on that list :( lol