Paranoia - Holding Hands

SilverLiner

So tonight I went out with a friend and about 6 of her mates. On our way to the club we were drunkenly holding each other up. At one point I ended up holding hands with this one girl. We both noticed at the same time that we were holding hands and let go instantly. Me being the SAer that I am apologised instantly even tho I knew we were both to blame. I worry now that I've come off as the guy who likes to come on to random girls and hold their hands. If I'd not apologised it would have looked like we both had made a drunken mistake. But because I apologised I worry that I came off like I was making a move...despite the fact I have a gf. She didn't get into the club and she went off with another friend...and so I had no way of reassurring her that I thought of her as just a friend and it was just a drunken thing.

Farrizle

m8,that's nothing at all to be worried about,& i'm sure from the title of ur post,u have an idea that it may jus be a lil paranoia.if u apologized then i definately don't think she'd think much of it.you were drunk 2,stuff like that always happens...i kno :wink:

Don't worry about it mate, I always end up holding people's hands when I'm drunk, it happens. I've even ended up holding my female mates hands whilst drunk, and I don't swing that way he he :p but neither of us cared and we still don't :p
Just think of it this way, some people do far, far worse things when they are drunk ;)

Hugs
Naomi xx

Sue

people hold hands all the time. it is aloud. sleeping together and kissing is another matter. holding hands is nothing and completly nothing to worrie about man.

annie

I wouldn't worry about it, people hold hands all the time and plus she was a friend, right :?: you are worrying for nothing.

annie :wink:

Moonie

LOL, I wish that holding hands was the only thing that happened last September when I had a drunken night out.. UGGH

4myself

GROAN, please dont go there moonie, its bringing back some bad memories, lol. Oh well we have to be young and stupid once dont we. (The stupid bit is directed at me by the way, not you).

SilverLiner

thanks for the replies everyone :) I don't think the drink was helping too much. I think it's just the fact I'd only just met her that evening, spoken a few words to her and it just felt weird. I'm not used to much contact I guess and so it was a big deal to me at the time. Thanks everyone for reassuring me tho.

P.S - thanks to whoever pmed me yesterday. I didn't get chance to reply and the next time I logged on the message had gone. But thank you to whoever sent it, I really appreciate it :)