Panic Attacks when around someone you are attracted to?

bella1968

Hello,

I have a few questions about Panic Attack Disorder....

Does anyone have panic attacks or really bad anxiety around someone they are REALLY attracted to?

What are your symptoms and what do you do about it when it happens?

Do you ever try to avoid the person or reject them or a relationship with them because you can't handle it, even though you like them alot????

Thanks so much :)

bella1968

Thanks for the reply :D

So i am not crazy!!! I am so glad cuz i was starting to wonder. He doesn't treat me like everyone else at work. He is so shy around me and nervous and so NOT with everyone else!!! He acts this way around me all the time. He seems to want to be near me but yet wants to run away all at the same time.

He has days where he seems comfortable around me (as comfy as he can get) and then other days where he avoids me for a few hours (sometimes most of the day) then all of a sudden he is talking to someone standing a few feet away from me but yet looks at me the entire time...darts his head back and forth looking at me then looking away!!!! I look right back now cuz i want him to know i know he's doing it...i guess he's flirting the way a shy man does????

He seems to have a hard time being in my presence, especially if he is caught off gaurd and doesn't know i am coming around the corner...then he just looks down and looks really sad!!!

Also...he will "practice" what he wants to say sometimes (you can tell) and then try to be calm and cool when he talks to me on the days he can do it. He sometimes has to look out a window or walk to the other side of the room before approaching me...then "practices" what he will say and then come over to me to talk. Still nervous, but i guess it helps him get the words out!!!!

If he does the avoidance thing 2 or 3 days in a row then the next day he will make up for it by walking by me alot or talking to others in my view, looking at me alot...sometimes standing there for a long time, as long as i am there...he stands there talking to whomever.

He seems to purposely start these conversations when he is more relaxed (sometimes these people seem to just let him babble) with coworkers im my view so i can see him doing it.

Its not about making me jealous cuz these women are like his mom's age....it seems its more so he can comfortably and safely get a look at me. The further away he is the more he looks too. When he's close up he looks but then looks down, looks away, and then looks back at me.

If i am walking away he stares...or sometimes i catch his gaze and then he either looks away (if we are standing close to one another) or if he is far away from me he will keep looking at me and we will catch each others gaze and lock eyes.

What can i do to make him more comfortable??? He can only seem to have one or two good days a week. If he has like 2 good days in a row then i know by Wednesday he is gong to go back into his shell and just stay for a few days :(

I just don't know how to help him!!! I have tried starting conversations with him, smiling alot, saying hello to him (he says good morning when he walks by me) But somedays i get the feeling he can't respond...he can't even look me in the eye for more than a few seconds..he just can't. He also turns red sometimes and gets dry mouth...the eye contact is not always good either!!! BUT ONLY WITH ME APPARENTLY!!!!!!!!!

I am at a loss!!!! I have even let him know i am interested through people we work with and he just freezes up when they tell him...he won't answer any questions about me either...he gets this blank look on his face and looks down...like he does when he talks to me!!!

HELP!

sidney

Hey, "Indeepshit" & Bella1968-I'm same, when i see this guy in my skool even passing him really quickly my heart starts racing like mad, my legs go all wobbly,im shaky, im a prone blusher aswell and sometimes my face just goes bright red :oops:i always try to run away but feel bad afterwards cus part of me wanted to stay.I've been telling myself (still am) that i dont like him but i cant find any other explaination of how he makes me feel when i see him, he's a trigger for my blushing & anxiety but i dont know how it started-cud it be that i just like him??? If i cant get him outta my head then howcan I stop my anxiety attacks round him AHHH!!
Sorry i needed to vent a bit :? Please,can either of u offer advice :D

bella1968

I don't know bcuz i am shy around him sometimes but I don't have anxiety or panic attacks...what i need to know is how to help HIM!!!

Maybe someone can give us some advice???

bella1968

He was doing the avoidance thing BIG time today.

He kept walking by me about a DOZEN or so times today when i was standing outside my classoom (i work in a school) seemingly for no reason but not say anything to me...just look down or away when he walked by again and again but when i said hello to him he looked me straight in the eyes to say hello back but looked so sad and VERY nervous i wish i could just get him to be comfortable and not worry so much :-(

Seriously, i just don't know what else to do at this point...he seems set on being alone and not ABLE to do anything about his feelings. I guess he just can't help it!!!! Its very sad!!!!

TooShyShy

He is just preparing himself to get the nerve up to talk to you. I have a similar situation.

I'd like to hear more..anyone else experiencing this?

Aussie_Lad

He is just preparing himself to get the nerve up to talk to you. I have a similar situation.

I'd like to hear more..anyone else experiencing this?

For a moment I thought the OP was a dual account of you. Story sounds almost identical, yeah?

Thea

I have participated in some “breathing” classes where all you do is breathe in and out. It has helped me quite a deal. I don’t get that anxious anymore.

traitement acne

Last edited:

Alex90cat

o god thats the worst lol ..What i do is i act as if i dont care or have any feelings towards them but it only makes it worst cuz that makes her more curious of me lol

Camazotz

I would often have anxiety flares in high school. As a result I conditioned myself to be extremely mean in order to hide what was really going on inside.