One year on.....

MikeyC

I'll try to keep this short.

Yesterday marked one year since signing up to SPW.

When I signed up, I was a couple of days away from my relationship with my ex breaking down. After that began some of the worst times of my life in terms of depression. I considered suicide, I almost lost my license twice, I was getting anxious about everything. These reasons are why I decided that giving therapy a shot was a good idea, plus the sexual anxiety I felt with my ex was a good enough catalyst, too.

Today, lots of those problems still remain. I'm still suffering a lot of issues, which I thought were going away but they're not. Therapy is proving useful but I have to keep it going. I still suffer depression and lack of confidence so there's a heap to go yet.

When I broke up with my ex, I piled on weight, too, which I'm in the process of losing - one of my only real achievements over the past year.

Anyway this is already too long. What I really wanted to say was a big thank you to everyone here for their support, friendliness, kindness, compassion, humour, and general greatness over the 12 months I've been a member. It's meant more to me than you think.

GraybeardGhost

What I really wanted to say was a big thank you to everyone here for their support, friendliness, kindness, compassion, humour, and general greatness over the 12 months I've been a member. It's meant more to me than you think.

Mikey, I believe I'm safe in saying that most of us here, old members and new, would like to thank you for those very same things. You've made a tremendous contribution to this forum, and a tremendous difference in a lot of lives, whether you know it or not. Thank you.

MikeyC

Thank you all. ::eek:: It means a lot. I've had a lot of issues that have been severely magnified since my ex so it's good to be able to unleash whatever's on my mind here.

1BlackSheep

Mikey, I believe I'm safe in saying that most of us here, old members and new, would like to thank you for those very same things. You've made a tremendous contribution to this forum, and a tremendous difference in a lot of lives, whether you know it or not. Thank you.
My sentiments exactly! You are a special guy and a great friend to many! :)

^ Could not put it any better then this!

Mikey, I don't think you are aware of just how much a valuable contribution you have made to this place.:) And congrats again on your weight loss achievement.

MikeyC

My sentiments exactly! You are a special guy and a great friend to many! :)

^ Could not put it any better then this!

Mikey, I don't think you are aware of just how much a valuable contribution you have made to this place.:) And congrats again on your weight loss achievement.
Thank you both. ::eek:: I am speechless. (typeless?)

Yeah, the weight loss is going well. Haven't been so good the last couple of days due to holidaying in Melbourne but I will get back on track one way or another.

Kat

That's great Mikey it does sound like you are getting better.
Your quite a catch so I think you will be ok in that department ;)
Keep up with it all!:)

MikeyC

That's great Mikey it does sound like you are getting better.
Your quite a catch so I think you will be ok in that department ;)
Keep up with it all!:)
I don't feel like I'm overall getting better, but I'm getting back to what I used to have, which is better than how I felt at the end of 2011/start of 2012. :)

Thank you, that's very sweet. :)

MikeyC

You are a very likeable guy, who goes out of his way to be polite and sincere.
Thanks, buddy. ::eek::

I didn't mean for this thread to be self-congratulatory. Merely an update on my mind-space and to extend a thanks to everyone here. It's been a bumpy ride the last 12 months and hopefully the next 12 will be less bumpy!

twiggle

Mikey, you're absolutely awesome and somebody I would definitely consider a friend. You say some issues have magnified for you since you've been here but strange as it sounds this may be a good thing - you have identified where the problems lay and that gives you a clearer idea of what the solution may be.

I am really glad you signed up to SPW - you are considerate and have time for a lot of people on here, always encouraging them when you can. You could probably even cheer up Eeyore the donkey if you had the chance :)

P.S I don't care if you didn't mean for the thread to be self-congratulatory... credit should always be given when its due ::p:

Last edited:

JuiceB

Mikey, you're one of the brightest spots on SPW. :)

That probably didn't make any sense did it?

Phoenixx

Mikey, I'm sorry you've gone through so much within the last year, but I'm glad to see you're already making progress. I think you've done a lot of good for yourself within a year and for that, congrats!

We're glad we could help you any way we can, but I think we should thank you too. You've been a great addition to the site, and I'm glad I've gotten to know someone like you. You're such a great friend! :)
You'd be a better friend if you'd stop teasing me with your chocolate posts and just send me some already. ::p:

OceanMist

What I'm about to say may seem depressing but I believe it to be true.

I once heard this really outgoing girl talking about something, and she said something like all shy people will always be a little shy no matter what they do.

What she was saying is that we are always going to have issues with shyness. There will always be problems.

It's just about minimizing those problems so we can function in a more healthy manner, you know?

I think so many people on here are born-shyers. Just like many people in the world are born talkers.

We can't run away from who we are, but we can learn to live with who we are, improve ourselves, become less shy and enjoy life. <----Wow, I just dropped another OceanQuote. Hell yeah!

MikeyC

Thanks, everyone. I'm happy to have made some impact. All your friendships mean a lot.

Mikey, you're absolutely awesome and somebody I would definitely consider a friend. You say some issues have magnified for you since you've been here but strange as it sounds this may be a good thing - you have identified where the problems lay and that gives you a clearer idea of what the solution may be.
They magnified after my ex, which coincided with my signing up here. I hope I know what the solution will be, but come back in 12 more months and I might have a better answer. ::p:

p.s. - send me your chocolate
You'd be a better friend if you'd stop teasing me with your chocolate posts and just send me some already.
Now you two are asking for too much! ::p:

I once heard this really outgoing girl talking about something, and she said something like all shy people will always be a little shy no matter what they do.

What she was saying is that we are always going to have issues with shyness. There will always be problems.

It's just about minimizing those problems so we can function in a more healthy manner, you know?
I agree here. You can't become outgoing all of a sudden, but minimising the problems to a manageable level is the best way.