Oh at last!!

Reaching-Zen

Wrestling with blushing problems has been a daily problem for me thats gradually taking over my life. Now in my late 30's, I can't believe I have only just found out about this type of forum. I stumbled on it by accident, after clicking on a link titled ''blushing problems'' in which I paid $45 for an mp3 audio on overcoming my problem.

The page mentioned blushing forums, and I thought, wow. Just wow.
I did not know it was a big enough problem to necessitate an entire forum.

I have tried everything from changing my thought patterns, diet, pretending I don't care if I blush, to trying to get sunburnt the day before facing something big, so as to hide my problem.

One time I had to see the police, I even went jogging madly beforehand so I'd already be discoloured.

I have learnt ice in the mouth stops or reduces blushing, which is ideal in social situations where you are on a table with lots of people, and ice on tap is readily available for drinks.

I turned to meditation and Chinese and Japanese martial arts for some inner calmness from the arts or its origins in Bhuddism/Taoism. I am no master, but although eventually it may help, so far it hasn't.

I heard about surgery on a tv show, and the cost was $7000, so I thought, thats going to take forever to save up for that, and I'm too embarrassed about my problem to even talk about it.
I wish I knew where the nerve was, so as to cut it myself. Of course, I would never do this, but the frustrations of a normal life being ruined by a devastatingly stressful internal pattern of thoughts sometimes leads one to such thoughts.

I am going to read every post here, but haven't yet. So I apologize if I have doubled up on anyone elses words/thoughts/posts etc.

Thanks for listening, and greetings from Australia.

iamalone

Welcome to the blushers community.

We have large age range here, like 15 to 65 years old.

Try some books, your blushing understanding might change. And there is no fix for these problems. But you might understand and get little amount of help

ACT
CBT

check it out

Lexmark

Hey welcome to the sight
Getting sun burnt the day b4 ahaha Nice! Havent heard of that b4

Reaching-Zen

Thanks for the welcome iamalone. Thats a vast age group. Nice.
But what is ACT and ABT please?

Also, I have been reading on all the side effects of ets surgery and just wondering is it overly exaggerated, because from what I previously read, they collapse one lung, and either snip or clamp with a ti clamp one nerve. I truly thought it was a simple thing, with little to no risk. I am somewhat dismayed at the long list of possible side effects.

I have been holding out all these years, just waiting for the day to clear my bills so as to start saving the 7g. Now I'm not so sure.

Does anyone here know of anyone thats undergone this ets succesfully? Or if anyone has had it done, can you please say yay or nay about effectiveness. I read something about the symphyatic nerves and procreatic nerves or something along those lines, and one takes over from the other after the surgery, leaving you still with a flushing problem.

Thanks.

Reaching-Zen

Lexmark said:
Hey welcome to the sight
Getting sun burnt the day b4 ahaha Nice! Havent heard of that b4
Thanks. Its just my crazy idea of getting red beforehand so as to disguise changes on the day.