Offensive Reputation Messages

Newtype

I noticed in my User CP that I've received two offensive reputation messages where people are calling me names, one I can't even write here. In the other one I was called "slimy" because they disagreed with an old message that I wrote. Giving a negative reputation is one thing, but name calling? Really?

It's too bad we can't know the usernames of the people who write reputation messages, because now those people are browsing this forum and writing stuff and I have no idea who they are. That's kinda creepy. And this forum is really not the place of that kind of behavior either.

Do you wanna know what's slimy? When you disagree with someone and you're so scared of writing your own opinion that you prefer sending offensive reputation messages to them while remaining anonymous. You can't be more slimy than that.

That's all I'm gonna say. Karma will take care of the rest.

Ignace

There are always people who are bugging and annoying other people. It would be perfect if the mods/webmaster could trace their IP's or something so they can perm bann them here, but I guess it's not ?:confused:

Ignace

I never received any message like that but don't worry too much about it, the mods probably have means to know who wrote those messages. Just report the messages and let the moderators deal with the abusers :)

I don't think we can report them, since they are not really messages. They're supposed to be an indication of the reputation of someone.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I like to give dots sometimes and I always sign them.

The one neg I got involved some nasty name-calling. I'm 99.9% sure who it was from, but it does bother a bit that people can snipe at you anonymously.

I would think that if it was especially nasty and hurtful, you could ask the webmaster to look it up. The last VN board I posted on had the option to see who all dotted you if you went premium so it's in the software somewhere.

Emily_G

Do you wanna know what's slimy? When you disagree with someone and you're so scared of writing your own opinion that you prefer sending offensive reputation messages to them while remaining anonymous. You can't be more slimy than that.

I agree. I've always thought that giving anonymous negative rep was a cop out....

Remus

Staff member
Only the webmaster can see such things, not mods, I'll make sure he bans people who use them to insult others, though he might just delete the profiles. He's hardline lol

Ignace

Yeah, I don't get that actually. People can leave comments anonymously, that's just asking for comments like this.

Newtype

I've recieved nasty messages from two different people, but both of them had some anger issues going on so it doesn't bother me. Don't let those comments bother you. It's not worth getting yourself worked up over.

If they have to say it so you cant see who its from there not worth bothering over hun

You're both right. Thanks Serafina and Chlo. It sucks that other people had the same thing done to them.

diesel

unfortunatley it seems like you have been the victim of an attack from a keyboard warrior ! these peolpe are true warriors on the internet and their keyboard is their main weapon . . . . . lol

i wouldnt worry about it because some people do it just to annoy others however i am shocked to find out it's happening on this site .

( oh ya , it wasnt me )

unfortunatley it seems like you have been the victim of an attack from a keyboard warrior ! these peolpe are true warriors on the internet and their keyboard is their main weapon . . . . . lol

i wouldnt worry about it because some people do it just to annoy others however i am shocked to find out it's happening on this site .

( oh ya , it wasnt me )

Warriors? Bullies are more like it. Probably someone who is just bored and attacks other people just for a little bit of stimuli. A bit sad really.

diesel

Warriors? Bullies are more like it. Probably someone who is just bored and attacks other people just for a little bit of stimuli. A bit sad really.

ha warriors is what they are called as a mockery . they are bullies , i have experienced it myself on youtube of all the places when someone started messaging me with abuse for no reason . my advice is either to ignore or take the moral higher ground with these people .

Newtype

ha warriors is what they are called as a mockery . they are bullies , i have experienced it myself on youtube of all the places when someone started messaging me with abuse for no reason . my advice is either to ignore or take the moral higher ground with these people .

Oh yeah, YouTube is hell for this kind of thing. It's gotten to a point where I rarely write comments now.

Remus

Staff member

Ummm nah, on here we just ban them