Off Topic: The toilet seat.

GettingThere

I have trouble understanding how some women get upset over males leaving the toilet seat up. I mean hey, it only takes a fraction of a second and virtually no effort to put it back down again so what is the big deal?

I suspect that there may be a power play involved.

This is not something that I feel strongly about in any way but just a little something to post for the hell of it.

SilverLiner

I'll put the toilet seat down when they learn to put it up after they've finished. It works both ways.

Please don't kill me ladies *runs away*

Mysti

lol the whole point is, that if you guys leave the toilet seat up, when us girls need a midnight bathroom break - in our half dazed state we may not realise that the seat it up, sit down only to be swallowed by the toilet monster. Seriously you can fall down a toilet - it's not pretty 8O

There's probably plenty of other reasons too but is it really too much to ask to put it back down again? Men - troublesome creatures :wink:

black_mamba

Strange topic. :D I like strange topics, and I also wondered why complain if it only takes 0.00000000000001% effort to put the seat down again.

Hey, whats worse is if the bloke can't aim whilst peeing or if he doesn't put the seat down? 8O

Angie_05

The toilet bowl grosses me out. I don't want to touch it. That's why I want the guy to put it down. Also, it's kinda yucky to look at the toilet when the seat is up. You can see more spots than when it is down.

Chilling__Echo

I'll put the toilet seat down when they learn to put it up after they've finished. It works both ways.

haha SilverLiner, you almost made me change how i felt completely but i have to admit, i do feel a twinge of irritation when my b/f leaves the seat up. i just don't like it b/c like Angie_05 said, it is gross, i don't want to sit on it, much less touch it with my hands.

pitkreet

lol @ Scottish Player

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I always put the seat and lid down when I'm finished.

I'm not sure if it harks back to some dim and distant childhood memory of accidentally dropping my toothbrush into the toilet, or just the idea that closing the lid somehow locks away the unpleasantness of what the toilet's role in life is.

Perhaps it's simply because it's the logical thing to do. After all, I always close the lid on the maramlade jar when I'm through (no, I don't pee into the maramalade). And isn't that why a toilet has a lid in the first place? It's not there for decoration, it's there to be closed.

Although I hate to think of what might occur should Mysti wander bleary-eyed into the bathroom at 2am and not bother to check if the lid is up or down.

Mysti

pitkreet said:
Although I hate to think of what might occur should Mysti wander bleary-eyed into the bathroom at 2am and not bother to check if the lid is up or down.
lol :oops: umm no comment

fiona

The toilet seat looks untidy when it's left up and I always close the lid aswell! :wink:

Why cant men pee straight anyway?! :? You've got this thing to aim with but no it goes everywhere yuk! :eek:

Danfalc

Banned
fiona said:
Why cant men pee straight anyway?! :? You've got this thing to aim with but no it goes everywhere yuk! :eek:

Hey! dont tar us all with the same brush,2feet away seat down and in the dark and i still dont spill a drop, im a sniper when it comes to the toilet :lol:

Anyways on a more serious note, that cracked me up, the mental image of you girlies falling down the toilet,I dont care if its whatever time in the morning,I mean how the heck do you fall down a toilet???
But a possible solution,ive got a light in my toilet,one of those which you go near it and it lights up enough for you to see,but not enough that it blinds you if its late at night and youve just got up

Hope this might help some more falling down toilet incedents from occuring :lol:

Yossarian

I'm sure that a while ago in Sweden there was a debate about femminists wanting to ban men from using urinals because when they stand up they are displaying something about male supremacy blah blah blah.

Effing effwits.

ScaredGirl

Ha ha ha ha this topic is hillarious.

My husband didn't take the toilet seat thing seriously until one night he heard the splash and cursing...between the belly laughs and apologies he promised to try and remember to put the seat down from that very day forth.

Leaving the toilet seat up is a terrible thing. Hitting the porcelen definately removes a layer of dignity if only for a moment.

Scared Girl

Chilling__Echo

i read somewhere that they did some study on men and they would put fake flies on urinals fairly in the center and their aim was considerably better - basically give them something to look at and we'll have cleaner bathrooms. i bet camping is so much easier for you guys!

Toad

well...it is kinda hard to miss a urinal...

*edit* i think the toilet seat debate goes along with the why should i make my bed debate...for some reason society has claimed these are the "proper" things to do, probably because it makes everything look cleaner, but thats a matter of opinion...i for one don't make my bed, and i sure don't put the toilet down...if i can't see a logical reason to do something, i dont do it.

SilverLiner

Chilling__Echo said:
i read somewhere that they did some study on men and they would put fake flies on urinals fairly in the center and their aim was considerably better - basically give them something to look at and we'll have cleaner bathrooms. i bet camping is so much easier for you guys!

Sorry to be gross but it's more likely because it was something more fun to aim at, not something to look at lol :lol:

*grabs coat*

SilverLiner

Having read your post I see you did actually mean that... I seem to be having a blonde moment. It's 4.58 in the morning, my bad, lol.