OCD Workaholics?

Polly_Princess

I'm a workaholic. I have to be constantly working/studying/doing an extra-curricular, even when it drives me to the ground. I spend little time with friends and family and am constantly brushing them off in favour of work/study/extras.

I'm constantly in stress overdrive, can never relax and I'm constantly juggling more in a semester than most people do in one year. I'm only 20, but have had heart palpitations due to stress since I was 17.

During the first real holiday I took in years (an adventure camp type thing), not a day went by when I didn't feel guilty for not doing any "real work" during that time. I nearly had a panick attack on the plane on the way to the camp, fearing all the lost days of study. In the end, I came home 2 days early (even though the trip was only a week and a half), because I "really needed to get work done."

Is this an OCD thing?

I'm a compulsive hoarder - not sure if that's OCD. But for as long as can remember i have been a workaholic (but always only in the mental/academic sense). If i wasn't busy on some technical project, then i was thinking about one (or starting one), and if i wasn't thinking about any projects then i would be driving myself mad with any other involved thoughts that "i could lay my mind on". ANYTHING but be "idle" was/is my motto for life.

mrb

im a workahilic , i really dont mind my job , plus i lift weights evrey other day i think im a Adrenaline Junkie ......