OCD-Germaphobe

ShinobiBunny

Sooooo...
I'm new to this website so please excuse me for being a newbie ;3;

I have considerably bad OCD in the form of being a germaphobe.

In the past I have gone to get help from several different people. Eventually after finding someone I felt comfortable with I started to get help, exposure technique, breaking up a routine ect, but then the woman who I had been going to every week to get help from ended up having to leave because she needed time off because she was pregnant (I had only been seeing her for about a year by this point).

That was roughly almost a year ago.
Since then I have still been struggling with my OCD (just not as severe). I got in a relationship which seemed to have helped a considerable amount with helping me deal and get rid of some of my OCD routines completely. I still rinse the washing machine before I put a load of washing on, I never put my clothing on the line to dry I use the dryer, I dont leave soap or any personal hygiene stuff exposed I put it in a plastic bag when im done with whatever it is, ect, but my OCD doesnt seem as bad as it was and it is a lot easier for me to handle.

Recently my boyfriend got sent back to jail because he violated his probation.
The first week I was fine but now it set in, when will he even be out of jail, and extreme stress causing me to have mental break downs and my OCD has been coming back a lot more, things which usually wouldnt bother me are. I feel like im literally going insane and its getting worse and I cant seem to control it because I cant calm down and clear my mind enough.

Please give advice or share how you deal with your OCD...

Last edited:

MotherWolff

Banned
I wish I could give some advice, but I feel like I am in the same boat as you are as far as the OCD -Germaphobe thing is concerned.