Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Description

Votes: 1 9.1%
    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

arjuna

I have tried online dating but I have had little to no results. I literally get 1% replies. Women, be honest: what is the thing you look at most when Online-Dating? Photo? Description? Message?

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I don't do online dating. If I did, though, I'd make sure the person on the other side is not some psychopath manipulator rapist. Ya know... too many bad experiences to count.

I'd look at his profile and, if I liked what I read, I'd talk to him to make sure he's not lying. I'd study his intentions carefully. One does not like to be fooled into thinking someone likes you, when they only want to take advantage of you.

If the person was himself from the very beginning, even better. Saves a lot of time from being wasted on psychoanalysis.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
While I can't speak for women, I can understand that most of their concerns would be to do with safety and trust.
I haven't used dating sites before but may give it a shot in the future. That would probably be my biggest concern too, safety and trust.

Apart from that like most people it would probably be the photo wouldn't it? Lets be honest (myself included here) - a nice photo is usually the first thing your eyes see on a good profile isn't it?

DepravedFurball

Interests and hobbies are what appeal to me, since I can then hurriedly research their likes before attempting to compose a message...

Of course, I *very rarely* hit the 'send'-button... but that's another matter entirely. :p

Plus, I haven't tried the online-dating thing in over a decade, now... wonder what's changed...