numbness/ loss of feeling in fingertips from treatment

jay77

Hi,
I posted this question in my last thread, but I just wanted to know if anyone has every had any numbness or loss of feeling in their fingertips from hyperhidrosis treatment like botox or antiperspirants. I got botox injections 2 weeks ago. I have mild hand weakness. I also started putting on odaban on my fingertips and around the sides of my hand because the botox did not work for those areas. I have noticed that within the last few days I have lost feeling in my fingertips. They are not sweating nearly as much which is a good thing, but they feel like they are numb and swollen. It is really freaking me out. I can barely feel different textures. Has anyone experienced numbess in their fingertips from botox or from odaban (or drysol, etc.). I am really hoping that my fingertips are numb from the botox so that I can continue to use antiperspirant.

Jezza

Yes I've had botox in my hands twice and there was some mild numbness, and sometimes a dull stinging pain. Sligth numbness is a known side effect of botox injections. It's not freak out worthy, I've had my injections years ago and the feeling in my (still sweaty) hands is back to where it was before as far as I can tell.

The other things you describe were the same for me too...some areas weren't covered by the botox (even when I had 50+ injections in either hand), so overall the hands still didn't feel completely dry eventhough the areas that were were definitely dry. I've had better results with ionto on my hands, but it's definitely a tedious proces...

Sprawling

I never had botox, but Odaban does leave a weird sensation on the hand. For me it's not truly numb, just different that I know when it wears off.