no friends..no social life...=*(

oNecoOlazN

Are you afraid that ppl are gonna make fun of you when they find out that you have no friends?...or that you have 0 % social life..?

any experiences? did something like this ever happen to anyone?..:confused:

its really quit embarrasing , isnt it? =(

Remus

Staff member
I'd tell them you recently moved here or your old frinds have moved away (that happens to "normals")

SteveW

The handful of people I have as friends, know that I don't have many. I'm not sure who we're talking about, though - who, if not a friend already, has any right to know how good or bad my social life is..?

thor01

Im not embarresed its just how it is. So if i was asked about it I'd tell them i hardly have a social life.

recluse

Yes i am afraid of being seen as a loser. It seems that most people think that loners are creepy o'r something.

worrywort

yea I find it really embarassing sometimes.....it depends on the people though.....some people are really nice and understanding and they don't judge you.....but then there are always those narrow minded types....[they usually move in packs!].....and I really dread having to reveal my true self to people like them because I know they're gonna laugh and rip me to shreds.

but whose opinion do you think is more likely to be right?....the horrible narrow minded people that laugh at you and belittle you....or the caring understanding people that empathize and build you up?

Last edited:
I've got no excuse why i'm not on facebook though!

I've thought about getting on facebook or myspace, but I'm kind of afraid that then it will be obvious and very public what a loser I am- because I don't see myself getting many "friends" outside of family- I know I shouldn't worry about it, but I just haven't taken that leap yet.

It's so different today

Well people can't make fun of me since I never tell them or meet them, so really no one ever finds out. It's how the cycle happens I guess. I really don't know.

SalemEdgerton1

Are you afraid that ppl are gonna make fun of you when they find out that you have no friends?...or that you have 0 % social life..?

any experiences? did something like this ever happen to anyone?..:confused:

its really quit embarrasing , isnt it? =(

The good thing about have no friends (and there isn't much good) is that it gives you something to work for and it at least gives you time to figure out what kinds of friends you want to meet. You can always have long distance friends too that you talk to online and there's never a problem with moving away from them. You shouldn't be embarrassed, we all have to start somewhere.

luck254

i never want to meet somebody in the streets, since i left higschool, i don't have any social life in the real world, i just can have it in the internet... it sounds weird i know :/
people don't make fun of me, they don't know me... but, whem i go alone to the movies... some groups of friends and couples look at me and they might be thinkin "what the hell with this guy?":confused:

Errordotocx

I have a Myspace myself. I have to say that it's a great way to connect with people you know and people you have lost contact with. I used to HATE...HATE Myspace. I decided to try it a few years ago as part of me changing and it's been a great place to connect with people. There is of course BS in it as well as everything else. But I enjoy it.

not-alone

I have no social life ., because i choose to be alone. I dont like how I change around people, eg,......I get frustrated with myself after social event because of what i did or didnt say....did or didnt do or how i thought id come across to them.
I alway feel like crap because i felt i just wasnt my real self.
Thats why i choose to be alone.........its not how THEY make me feel........its how I allow myself to rip myself apart instead of just being ME.
AHhhhhhhhhhhhh

worrywort

I have no social life ., because i choose to be alone. I dont like how I change around people, eg,......I get frustrated with myself after social event because of what i did or didnt say....did or didnt do or how i thought id come across to them.
I alway feel like crap because i felt i just wasnt my real self.
Thats why i choose to be alone.........its not how THEY make me feel........its how I allow myself to rip myself apart instead of just being ME.
AHhhhhhhhhhhhh

I feel the EXACT same way

Nack

Banned
I dont get embarassed when someone say that to me, instead i get angry, you know. It's like "wtf is your problem, mind your own damn business."

Riiya

I've thought about getting on facebook or myspace, but I'm kind of afraid that then it will be obvious and very public what a loser I am- because I don't see myself getting many "friends" outside of family- I know I shouldn't worry about it, but I just haven't taken that leap yet.

Same here.

I never thought facebook would be the death of me. I hate my life.

mndigi

To the original poster,

Maybe in Canada it's tough being a recluse. People expect you to be outgoing, good looking, perfect... Are you from Asia? I am from an Asian country and here in my country it's much easier not having friends. Well, what I mean to say is that if you are in school and have no friends then other kids do point you out here too and talk behind your back and things. But from what I have observed of North American societies in films and TV, it's absolutely brutal there. Sometimes I think if I was born or lived in North America as a high school kid, the hair on my back would have always been standing (lol)

Last edited: