New hobby...cooking and failing

LilMissTragic

OMG, I really need to learn to cook. Today i made a pastry cheesy pie thingy...it came out of the oven looking great, smelt lovely....tried to get it onto a plate, it broke up, half splatted on the floor, where my dogs proceeded to gobble it down sharpish. Yep, the pastry hadnt cooked thoroughly!
Does anyone know of any good, VERY EASY recipes I can impress my fiance with??...lol. Remember, i'm the type of woman that can only cook it if it comes to me in a box, frozen with the words "microwave for 5 minutes' on it.

Anonymous

quick-easy no-fail recipe:

Pick up cakes, pies, or pastries at closest bakery with infallible reputation for 'home-made' goodness.
30 mins. prior to fiance's arrival, turn on oven and turn off again after 25 mins.
Apply apron to self.
Rustle/toss your hair with 'floured' left or right hand & add a few smudges of flour to face.
Nuke the bakery item(s) for a few seconds- serve to finace. :wink: :)

LilMissTragic

hahahaha, hey thats a good idea but wont he get suspicious after I've served him yet another pie?...lol
Thought i suppose i could do that with the local takeaways too, just dirty a few pans and stuff pretend I've just become the best cook in the world.

Quick, hide those foil trays!!

Beans on toast anyone?

Anonymous

:) Your finance could become suspicious, but you need to prevent that from happening by being convincing---some pouting and finding fault with things about your --ahem--- 'home made goodies' should work!...(you should have baked it just a wee bit longer, etc.) :) I really am only kidding! I wouldn't seriously be telling you to decive anyone, esp. your finace! It would really backfire if he wanted to help out sometime!

That was a great idea about the take aways! Hey, they aren't foil trays, they are throw away doggie dishes! :wink:

Anonymous

Quick & Easy Fudgey Brownies :D

Yield: 24 servings

4 oz baking chocolate, unsweetened, broken into pieces
3/4 c butter, or margarine
2 c sugar
3 ea eggs
1 1/2 ts vanilla extract
1 c flour, all-purpose
1 c nuts, chopped, optional
1 x Quick & Easy chocolate Frosting

Directions:

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x9x2 inch baking pan. In large microwave-safe bowl, place chocolate and butter. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Add sugar; stir with spoon until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add flour and nuts, if desired; stir until well blended. Spread into prepared pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Frost with Quick & Easy chocolate Frosting, if desired. Cut into squares.

About 24 brownies. 8)

http://www.recipeland.com/recipe.epl?id=18941 (frosting) :D

http://www.recipeland.com/recipe.epl?id=18940 (choc. cake) :D

http://quickandeasy.allrecipes.com/ (ideas) :idea:

LilMissTragic

Ohhh, I'm gonna try the brownies, my fiance loves stuff like that...then again if they taste as good as they sound he might not get a look in.