Neighbours. How well do you know them?

planemo

I don't know them at all, basically. Once a neighbour came to my house, and while she was speaking to my mum I heard her say "your oldest son, i haven't seen him."

Yeah I like to be invisible, which is very atypical in my world.:rolleyes:

replica

Lived in this house since 93 and I don't know any of my neighbours. Don't know their names or anything.

D

deleted user 1

The current house I'm living in, I've been living in for ten years. I only saw my neighbour for the first time at the end of 2004 and once more a couple of years ago. All the other neighbours I had I knew fairly well, as this was before my SA.

The neighbours that live close to me (one house): I know them well enough to know that i don't want to know them, or have anything at all to do with them. (I have had some "trouble" with them (police/..), and they "rub me up wrong way")

Living in country, all the other neighbours are "miles" away, and so i have barely talked to them, if at all (which if they anything at all like my close neighbour, is probably a very good thing!)

I don't really trust people nowadays. Generally I don't "like" people. And for some reason i seem to "trust" neigbours (or people on my road) even less. Maybe they don't trust me either, and our mutual distrust/dislike "bounces off" each other?

Last edited:

Sinar_Matahari

I know mine enough to know that I don't like them at all. The wife knows me well enough to not get into my business and that's as much as I want her to know me.

DespairSoul

The neighbours that live close to me (one house): I know them well enough to know that i don't want to know them, or have anything at all to do with them. (I have had some "trouble" with them (police/..), and they "rub me up wrong way")

Living in country, all the other neighbours are "miles" away, and so i have barely talked to them, if at all (which if they anything at all like my close neighbour, is probably a very good thing!)

I don't really trust people nowadays. Generally I don't "like" people. And for some reason i seem to "trust" neigbours (or people on my road) even less. Maybe they don't trust me either, and our mutual distrust/dislike "bounces off" each other?

I like your post i dont trust people either. And i dont like people coz i feel they dont like me and im scared have contacts with some neigbour better i hide me and its that way for me better. But i miss some nice contacts to people what live around me or just to people and thats why is teasing me coz i cant go trought and be nice just better is for me dont meet no one. Im so suspicious and i hate me that way how im. I dont want be close frend with them or something but i dont want to think about them their are bad i barerely know them coz i dont live on that place long where im. I see everywhere some black negative stuff. Im scared that later they talk im weird if i turn to them with back or hurry to flat. By the way i go out very less from flat.::(:

Kiwong

I talk to one neighbour. He's been the only person to bother to talk to me in the whole ten years I've been here. The previous neighbours on the other side didn't like me at all, and caused me a great deal of stress when I was going through the worse of my panic attacks. I still find it hard to leave the unit when there is someone outside.

I don't know my neighbors at all. My kids are friendly with some of the other kids in the neighborhood, and every once in a while I'll be forced to say hello to their parents/grandparents/guardians/etc. Probably the friendliest neighbor I had (would always say hello, how are you doing as we passed each other coming and/or going) moved about a month ago. I've lived at the same place for 4 1/2 years now, and in this same town for almost 12 years... but my "connection" with the community is minimal, outside of the people I interact with at work.

Fighter86

I don't know my neighbours that well though I've lived in the same place my own entire life, there is this young family that I don't quite like that moved in above us, the kids are terribly noisy and ill behaved. They make tons of noise and the parents either let them carry on without caring or shout at them very loudly to keep quiet and we can hear the shoutings loud and clear all hours of the day, its just pure bad luck to have such neighbours :mad:

Acegame

Apparently not that well. About a month ago the police arrested my neighbours because they were loading a rented truck full of bags filled with marihuana. Apparently they had a marihuana plantation in the house. :rolleyes:

lunaticbinge

^ That's a damn shame. Them being arrested that is.

As for the OP, I don't know my neighbors at all and don't really care to.

Last edited:

Forgotten-Children

Well... I don't really know much of anyone in my neighborhood with the exception of the Gym Leader from High School because he lives across the street from me. But anyone else, I've seen, but never actually took the time to introduce myself.

Five Hundred Cases Full

I seem to get new neighbors every couple years. Sometimes there are like super weird ones, and then just the normal, quiet ones. I like it when they keep to themselves, and don't cause trouble or annoyances. My SUPER Rude, annoyingly loud neighbors finally moved out not that long ago. I've never really met any of my neighbors, or even truly spoken to them for that matter.

KiaKaha

Banned
I actually really like my neighbors. Well at least on one side of me. They are one of the relatively few people that I seem to be able to get along with. Extremely friendly and accepting people... they are musicians and they have a few times given me free concert tickets via their muso networks.

Tiercel

Only have neighbors on one side right now. I'm not too friendly with them, and I refer to the father as Mr. Dude. Their dogs occasionally crap on our lawn, and we throw it back.

Actually, I think some squirrels have moved into the house on the other side. I'll just say that they're better humans than the last inhabitants could ever hope to be.

The only thing I know about my neighbors are from what I see and what gossip I hear. Which is a reason I hate going outside. I'm pretty sure that same gossip is being said about me in the neighborhood, and who knows what kind of convoluted things they think about me.
Me attempting to stay inside probably doesn't help my image, but I can't help that. I'd rather not talk to anyone.