Neighbors Overhearing Arguments

So, I fight quite a lot with who I live with (family). When it occurs (I usually don't start the fight), I pretty much snap and yell at the top of my lungs. At the time, I don't care who listens. I'm certain neighbors always overhear because of how I live in an apartment in close proximity to many other units, the windows are always open, the walls are paper thin, etc. The police have even been called a few times. Every time I leave the apartment, I feel embarrassed, like everyone knows my business or thinks something of me (I know I shouldn't care). Yeah, I brought it on myself a bit for acting that way, but still. Anyone else experience something related to this?

Last edited:

lithium

My mom and I argue all the time and it happens to be really loud. I even yell when the door is open. I could really care less what my neighbors think of me haha. I'm pretty sure they came to realize how dysfunctional my family and I are a long time ago; so no harm done.

sabbath

Banned
Thanks to anger management I don't blow my top anymore, but I hate having neighbors listening to what I say. We never open our windows or shades, but sounds travel right through. So I try to keep my voice down when I'm near windows. Except when I'm listening to music than I crank it up and sing as loud as I want.

My wife says I talk in my sleep sometimes. I'm thinking of buying a videocam to record my sleeping to see if / what I'm saying :p