my treadmill trip...to the beach

maggie

yikes yikes yikes..i don't usually start a topic..scares the crap out of me :eek: but here goes..i'll splain it as well as i can..sometimes while i'm working out, i get these thoughts about my anxiety..some of you on this site know these crazy thoughts all too well (you know who your are :twisted: ) so last night i'm working out like normal and i'm thinking about being a kid, at the beach where i grew up. Ya know when you're sitting in the water..with the waves coming in, all peaceful like..and searching for really cool shells or stones? Sometimes i'd walk back and forth along the sand, digging till i found something unique..a 'gem', something worth washing off and putting in my pocket..and hoping i didn't lose on the way home :wink: ..well, that's what i think we are guys..the quiet little 'gems' that are harder to find, underneath all the 'obvious' and 'out there', 'easy to see and figure out'..might take a little (a lot?) longer to seek us out..to figure us out..to get to know us..but the people who actually give a shit..who are willing to 'seek us out' and look beyond all the shinier, louder..more obvious..will find true gems..who are intelligent, sensitive, loyal, kind and gentle..well worth digging for..and getting to know. 8)

wow, that was a really cool, analogy, maggie! The only thing I would add to that is that as hard as it is sometimes to think this way, we're actually not always as completely helpless as gems :) . We do have the ability to dig our way out from beneath the sand and be able to poke our heads out onto the surface, even though its slow going and sometimes painful to do so. We may never be as instantly noticeable as the other stones, and we may sometimes feel like cursing them out for how easy they seem to have it, but like you say there will always be people willing to seek us out for out uniqueness; often times it's just a matter for us of being willing to meet them halfway.

shynobody

wow...you thought that up all by yourself lynn? :p. you have the first characteristic you mentioned - intelligence then ;). still trying to figure out if you are the rest lol. you are right about those characteristics though, i never really thought about it...but it's absolutely true (except i'm not intelligent :oops: :?). you would think most pple would look for those in pple but....

maggie

aww you guys are sweet to say that..youhatemyusername, blackcap, shynobody, Scrabbl, thanks :p Sometimes when i'm working out, i feel more powerful and strong..and think "we are all that!!!!" ya know? Cause i think many of us (myself included) tend to focus on what we're not, what we don't do, what we wish we'd accomplished, the kind of person we wish we were....instead of giving ourselves credit for the really cool traits we do have..and the kind of people we are 8)

blackcap

Zantief said:
if this is a glimpse of what goes on in your mind, you should share more often, maggie, especially seeing as you seem to be the senior-est member around here and all! :wink:

I second that!