My Psychiatrist was too busy to see me

gummybear22

i think you should find another psychiatrist who cares more about you than that one did. meds might help, but what would also help is seeing someone who puts more thought into helping you than your current one

*HUG*

surewhynot

i think you should find another psychiatrist who cares more about you than that one did. meds might help, but what would also help is seeing someone who puts more thought into helping you than your current one

*HUG*

Wait, you think that the psychiatrist should had cancelled his appointment with another patient? That kinda defeats the point no?

gummybear22

no i think since she treated him that way, he should look for a new one who will Hopefully treat him much better
she didn't have to cancel anything but she shouldn't have brushed him off how she did

MikeyC

My psychologist told me a couple of months ago that she's not taking any more new patients, because she's booked out a lot of the time, so your psychiatrist might've been telling the truth. Don't take it too personally, although I know that can be difficult if you're not feeling so good.

I do remember you doing very well in the past. You made some great progress. Why do you think it's all coming crashing down now? Has there been any sudden changes in your life to make that happen?

You mentioned, too, that your depressive state will last for "years." I don't think that will be the case, since many things can happen in one year. You want to get out of it, so the will to be happier again will ensure it won't last that long.

ImNotMyIllness

My psychologist told me a couple of months ago that she's not taking any more new patients, because she's booked out a lot of the time, so your psychiatrist might've been telling the truth. Don't take it too personally, although I know that can be difficult if you're not feeling so good.

I do remember you doing very well in the past. You made some great progress. Why do you think it's all coming crashing down now? Has there been any sudden changes in your life to make that happen?

You mentioned, too, that your depressive state will last for "years." I don't think that will be the case, since many things can happen in one year. You want to get out of it, so the will to be happier again will ensure it won't last that long.

Mikey, mine last for years...and this one, will surely lead to my end. She could have seen me in between appointments for a few minutes. She once told me that I could drop by anytime if I have an emergency. And, for me to show up unannounced asking for medication, should have been a major red flag.

Actually, she really does n't pay attention to me when we talk. She even told me once in a meeting that she wasn't listening to me because she was distracted by her own thoughts-at least she was honest. But, most of our meetings are like for 10 minutes...........She was asking me if I needed a refill. I've been off my med for months!

I like her as a person but I could never see her again. I would have even waited until all her appointments were done. In the end, I wasn't worth five minutes to her. Oh well.

Last edited: