My own journal

thegunners21

Since I don't have a best friend, I'm going to be using this space to vent and clear out my thoughts. You're free to ignore it or comment on it.

It's been 8 days since I found out and I'm still depressed as shit. I don't feel like eating anything, my motivation to do anything is dead.

Why did she have to leave me? Is he that much better than me? I've known her for nearly 2 years and she's known him only for months, yet she agreed to be his gf and never said yes to me. I find that as a cold hard slap across my face. The thing that makes the most angry is that she never ever told me about him. Never told me about him visiting her for a week, never told me that she liked him, never told me she stopped liking me.

I feel really weird, like I'm not myself anymore. It's really hard to get over someone if the person you're trying to get over is your best friend. I'm not sure I can live without her being my best friend, I'll go crazy otherwise. Part of me hopes that she breaks up with him and I have a feeling they will, because she said she only said yes to him because she got nervous. That is not a very good reason to say yes, but then part of me thinks she was saying it just to string me along. I would still take her back any second though.

I should have treated her better. I didn't make her feel special. I didn't visit her enough, but that was because we weren't in a committed relationship. I don't think she ever wanted one with me. If she had, I would done all of those things. I should have been more decisive about things. I should have told her that I don't want anymore of this casual BS, I want a committed relationship and I'm willing to make it work.

I realize i was a rebound to her. I was a rebound to her, while she was a priority to me. That is bound to hurt me. I should not have invested so much in a casual relationship. It was stupid of me.

I miss hugging her, kissing her, cuddling with her and laughing with her. We used to talk for hours, then she went on this trip and everything changed. She drifted away from me and I'm afraid she's too far gone now. I couldn't afford to visit her, but this guy could and now he's her bf. IT STILL PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH THAT SHE HAS A BF!

rant over.

S_Spartan

I have been used as a rebound! As a rebound! ****ing hurts!

This is of little consolation but all you can do now is learn from this experience.

You can never let your guard down, no matter how nice or sweet they may seem you always have to see people for what they are: opportunists looking for the next "deal" as they swing from branch to branch.

thegunners21

This is of little consolation but all you can do now is learn from this experience.

You can never let your guard down, no matter how nice or sweet they may seem you always have to see people for what they are: opportunists looking for the next "deal" as they swing from branch to branch.

One thing I've realized is you can't rely on other people to bring you happiness. You have to learn how to be happy yourself. Can't get hurt that way.

S_Spartan

One thing I've realized is you can't rely on other people to bring you happiness. You have to learn how to be happy yourself. Can't get hurt that way.

Yes, yes, yes and yes! You have to make your own light!

It is VERY hard and nobody will teach you how to do this but it is the only way.

Every human being is a walking abyss. Everybody has a giant existential hole that they refuse to even acknowledge is there.

So they try to fill that hole with all kinds of things: people, romance, sex, work, money, religion, children, drugs, alcohol, entertainment, drama, farcebook likes...the list goes on.

The first step to self happiness is acknowledging that you have this abyss and then slowly becoming more comfortable with the abyss. Befriend it, if you will...

Sure, you still feed it from time to time but you are now in control instead of the abyss controlling you.

Hope I am making sense here...lol

thegunners21

Heh....never really updated this. Life is still depressing and lonely as ever. Tried to get into the dating world, but I keep getting rejected left and right.