My love Confession

Xion

There's this girl who I am in love with very much. She looks at me so much when we are in class. We have been friends for a while now, and she always smiles me when she talk to me. Her smile makes my bad mood and emptiness go away. I have been in love with her for a while now.. So, I decided to confess to her. But I can't confess to her in person bcause of my SA. So, I am thinking about sending a confession letter to her. Is it ok for me to confess my love for her through a letter? And what answer do you think she will give if I confess now?

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Not sure it's a good idea to do something so bold, but it's just my opinion. You would leave her in a very awkward position since it kind of forces her to play the next move. Why don't you just invite her to do something outside of class?

Last edited:

Sacrament

That would probably have an embarassing outcome, and she'd just wonder why the hell you'd write a letter when you could just talk to her. Either invite her to go with you on a date (knowing full well the possible outcomes), or chat with her on Facebook and tell her you have feelings for her.

And don't assume she'll feel the same way just because she smiles at you, she could just be a nice person who generally smiles at everyone she talks to.

There's a risk that such a letter will come on too strong, even in the case she has feelings for you. I agree with the rest that it's probably best to try and communicate this a little more subtly.

zharl

To echo everybody else: don't do it. Letter will come on as far too strong. Love is also a rather strong word. How well do you know this person? Do you spend considerable amounts of time with her outside of class? I ask, because it's hard to love someone if you don't know them very well. *shrugs*

Xion

To echo everybody else: don't do it. Letter will come on as far too strong. Love is also a rather strong word. How well do you know this person? Do you spend considerable amounts of time with her outside of class? I ask, because it's hard to love someone if you don't know them very well. *shrugs*

Yeah as a matter of fact, we do spend a lot of time in class and I know her pretty well.

Xion

That would probably have an embarassing outcome, and she'd just wonder why the hell you'd write a letter when you could just talk to her. Either invite her to go with you on a date (knowing full well the possible outcomes), or chat with her on Facebook and tell her you have feelings for her.

And don't assume she'll feel the same way just because she smiles at you, she could just be a nice person who generally smiles at everyone she talks to.
I have seen her talking to other people too. She doesn't smile at them when she is talking to them. So, thats why I think she feels the same way I feel about her

zharl

Yeah as a matter of fact, we do spend a lot of time in class and I know her pretty well.

That's why I asked if you've ever spent time outside of class. Maybe start with a casual lunch date before you declare your undying love.

Xion

That's why I asked if you've ever spent time outside of class. Maybe start with a casual lunch date before you declare your undying love.

I usually go and hang out with her. I have tried asking her on a lunch date but I couldn't ask her because of my SA.. I usually get stomach aches when I even think of going on a lunch date with her.

zharl

I usually go and hang out with her. I have tried asking her on a lunch date but I couldn't ask her because of my SA.. I usually get stomach aches when I even think of going on a lunch date with her.

Never mind her, you probably aren't ready to make any declarations if you get stomach aches just thinking about the idea of a date. Essentially, it comes down to getting over the fear of rejection, which is easier said than done.

I've basically gotten over it and, despite this, I get rejected all the time. In other words, confidence alone won't do it, even once you find the confidence to do it. Finding away to ask someone out, is one hell of a tough thing to do, especially with SA because, unlike other skills, it doesn't necessarily get better with practice, as your success depends on another person. It really doesn't get easier either; you just get more used to the idea of rejection.

I guess what I'm trying to say is take your time and work up the courage to asking her out to lunch before you write her a letter. She might reject you. She might not. Either way, getting rejected is the only way that I've been able to develop the thick skin to getting rejected. It's a bit of a catch-22.

Considering how I've felt when I've been in this situation, none of what I've said is all that helpful. Good luck, I guess. :idontknow:

Oh, and don't write a letter, sonnet, serenade, or manifesto about your love. It won't end well.

Bronson99

I've basically gotten over it and, despite this, I get rejected all the time. In other words, confidence alone won't do it, even once you find the confidence to do it. Finding away to ask someone out, is one hell of a tough thing to do, especially with SA because, unlike other skills, it doesn't necessarily get better with practice, as your success depends on another person. It really doesn't get easier either; you just get more used to the idea of rejection.

A little more optimism, please. Just because you get rejected all the time and it still hurts like hell, it doesn't mean the same thing will happen to him.

There are plenty of people without SA who don't feel the slightest pain when getting rejected, which quite explains much of their success. I should think those with SA can learn something from them, at least.

zharl

A little more optimism, please. Just because you get rejected all the time and it still hurts like hell, it doesn't mean the same thing will happen to him.

There are plenty of people without SA who don't feel the slightest pain when getting rejected, which quite explains much of their success. I should think those with SA can learn something from them, at least.

Fair enough! If seeing things through rose-colored-glasses is a thing, I probably do the opposite. You also bring up an excellent point: my experience is not everyone's experience. As a result, I shouldn't apply it to everyone else.

That being said, I still don't think that writing a letter is a very good idea.

Xion

Never mind her, you probably aren't ready to make any declarations if you get stomach aches just thinking about the idea of a date. Essentially, it comes down to getting over the fear of rejection, which is easier said than done.

I guess what I'm trying to say is take your time and work up the courage to asking her out to lunch before you write her a letter. She might reject you. She might not. Either way, getting rejected is the only way that I've been able to develop the thick skin to getting rejected. It's a bit of a catch-22.

Considering how I've felt when I've been in this situation, none of what I've said is all that helpful. Good luck, I guess. :idontknow:

Oh, and don't write a letter, sonnet, serenade, or manifesto about your love. It won't end well.
I finally asked her out today. I got rejected. She said that she already has a bf and that she would never talk to me again.. :(

zharl

I finally asked her out today. I got rejected. She said that she already has a bf and that she would never talk to me again.. :(

Ooooh...ouch. The worst I've gotten is "Oh...you mean you aren't gay?"

Sorry man, better luck next time?

Xion

Ooooh...ouch. The worst I've gotten is "Oh...you mean you aren't gay?"

Sorry man, better luck next time?

Thanks. "Oh you mean you aren't gay?" this is the worst type of rejection that I have ever heard about.! I feel your pain, man.. But how did you cope with this?

Bronson99

The problem I'm having here is the huge mismatch between the (according to him) continual positive signals, and the outcome of what happened when he asked her out.

If he we go by what the OP said--she is not very smiley or touchey-feeley with others, but just him--then to me it seems like a clear case of manipulation, or attention seeking for the sake of it. Such things *do* happen.

Also, at any point in time, it would have made sense for her to say "I have a bf" or something so as to not mislead him. I call manipulation, and thus I think it's a good thing this woman is not going to be around him, anymore.

zharl

The problem I'm having here is the huge mismatch between the (according to him) continual positive signals, and the outcome of what happened when he asked her out.

If he we go by what the OP said--she is not very smiley or touchey-feeley with others, but just him--then to me it seems like a clear case of manipulation, or attention seeking for the sake of it. Such things *do* happen.

Also, at any point in time, it would have made sense for her to say "I have a bf" or something so as to not mislead him. I call manipulation, and thus I think it's a good thing this woman is not going to be around him, anymore.

Well, to be fair, we only have a very limited view of what's going on.

How did I cope with it? I laughed it off. Honestly, I'm not sure what I was doing or if it was simply the girl's perception. XD

Regardless, getting rejected is tough. Just know that there will be other people in the future. Aren't you glad you didn't write a letter now?

Xion

Well, to be fair, we only have a very limited view of what's going on.

How did I cope with it? I laughed it off. Honestly, I'm not sure what I was doing or if it was simply the girl's perception. XD

Regardless, getting rejected is tough. Just know that there will be other people in the future. Aren't you glad you didn't write a letter now?

Yeah, ofcourse I am glad that I didn't write a letter to her. I do believe that there are other people out there, but my SA has gotten worse to the point I tried to commit suicide. :(