My life (what's left of it)

Lookin4DaCure

I just came across this site and thought I'd make a new thread, for therapy.

I think I have minor hyperhidrosis under my arms. It started about 4 years ago when was 16, I thought nothing of it and just wore a t-shirt underneath my clothing to soak up the sweat. About 2 years ago, I noticed I started to get body odour. I would and still take loooong showers, my dad would even complain about the time I spent. I would leave the bathroom squeeky clean, as soon as I found myself in a social situation of any sort, I would start sweating and the smelling of body odour. Everyone would notice (and still do). I know sweat doesn't smell but I get Body odour regardless, I am probably the most hygenic person EVER lol!.

My friends, relatives and everybody wonder why I don't have a girlfriend when I'm good looking and a nice person (so they say). I always have to make up a lie like "I working on it" or "there's this girl on my radar....blah blah blah" just to sound cool.

I play football as much as I can because I forget about all my problems when I do.

My day is usually like this.............

I wake up, have a long shower and spray on some antipersperant deodorant, get dressed and leave for uni. On the bus I am dreading sitting in the lecture hall because I know I'm going to sweat and get body odour. I feel everyone looking at me (beacause they are). Everyone is smelling their armpits to see if it's them but it's me.

Girls who seem to have an interest in me take one wiff and there gone.

Recently I have been using deodorants with aluminium chloryde which to work but irritates my skin. My pits feel like there on fire! If I use what is needed, I get no sleep and go to uni tired only to daydream about how embarrissing the last "situation" was.

I went to my GP last week and she took a sample of blood. I have an appointment next week and hope they can find a cure.

I am praying to God this will end when I finish puberty. I am holding back in life because of this and it's killing me softly!

teandtoast

hey mate your problem sounds exactly the same as mine (re the sweating and odor) and like yourself does my head in and controls my life basically.

What I think it's basically due to is overactive or a greater number of apocrine glands (which produce the bo) ...most people with hyperhidrosis although suffer from sweating loads they dont smell and this is because just their eccrine glands are overactive (kinda thing). Whereas for people like myself (and you by sounds of it) suffer from overactive apocrine and eccrine glands.

The aluminium chloryde deos you describe using are awful and I found wasnt worth the pain...was unbearable and left my underarms sore and hardly helping the problem.
I would recommend trying Pro-Banthine tablets which your GP should be able to prescribe you. This has helped keep me a alot drier as long as you take on a empty stomach and worked alot better then the roll on stuff.

The other thing I would try is using pitrok crystal deodrant (the push up kind) instead of the anti perspirant kind of deo your currently using...if your anything like me then normal spray on deodrants make the sweating worse and also make you smell quicker ....the crystal deodrants seem to keep you bit drier and also not make you smell as quick.

Unfortunately if your problem isnt down to puberty I wouldnt keep your hopes up finding a quick cure Im sorry to say.
Really for this problem the only course of action to solve it in the end is surgery and having the sweat glands removed.
Im going to have curretage down in a few months which is kind of cutting/scrapping out the sweat glands.

Anyway hope thats of some help and try keep your head up (I know how hard it is).

Last edited:

ultrafrost

hey, Lookin4DaCure, I used to have serious body odor (feet/armpits/hair) when I was a teenager. I had suffered it for many years. so I totally understand your feeling.
then I came across a webpage which said that some certain body odor was caused by zinc deficiency. after taking zinc supplement for about 10 days, my odor was gone!!!!
you could google 'body odor zinc', a lot of pages mention that.
so I would highly recommend zinc supplement for you.
It really works!
good luck

DaaaBulls

Hey I hope you can figure out how to solve your problem. I never thought about the odor part of HH. I always thought heck I would trade my hand sweat any day for under arm but this odor sounds like its awful as well.

I can relate to you when you talk about the GF thing. Every body, every body asks me if I have a gf or how many I have and I always tell them I don't. Some times they think I am joking with them or ask again. My hh on my hands just makes it so hard for me, it sucks that it holds us back from being with girls. I see all of my friends having gf's or getting with girls and I just can't help to wonder that would me too if it wasn't for my hands. Oh well

BiGz

Another option that works fairly well for me, is instead of using the chemist grade aluminum deodrants that irritate badly, find ones from the local shops that contain aluminum but for some reason don't irritate as much. I'm not sure if these brands are available to you but the ones I have used with success are 'Mum' and 'Imperial leather'

Bridge

I wish i was till your age im now 29 still have same problem as you. My worst mistake was trusting the nhs who over the course of maybe 8years took me down long road that led to no where. I saw some top dermatologist in london that refused to recognize i had problem even though half the waiting room would be holding there nose !!

My advise is see the doctor get probathine. Stop drysol ( i used non stop for 5-6 years swear it made it worst ) - Get blood tests for tmau , diabetes. Then if you reach a dead end. Save up 950pounds get surgery.

Doctors tried to convince me i was crazy i went on antidepressants, anxiety tabs all which turned me into zombie took my personality away made me even more withdrawn from society which i stopped at age 26 and life been so much better since. My story is not rare there are soo many that been thrown down same path due ignorant idiots in nhs that have zerrooooo clue and won't even recognize bromhidrosis as medical problem let alone treat it.

But your in good place in time. 10years ago it was hard to even find articles online about bromhidrosis let alone treatments and now is many options.

Just few other tips is deo sprays - all non scented, Clean towels every shower. shampoo hair separate. Any strong smelling bathing products stay away from as have bad reactions. Obvious like food, you have to stay from spicy food and even slighlyest spice food. Fast food. Just eat basic food and no strong smelling vegs either...... Basically lol anything that smells strong stay away from using it or putting in your body :)

hope that helps

brunettee

i to have the same problem i dont sweat loads anymore since having an operation to remove the sweat glands on the nhs. Two and half years down the line the sweatings returned not as bad as before but the body odar has come back really bad. Ive tried all the deodrants again and the zinc supplements but the zinc made the smell worse why i dont know. I agree with you bridge the nhs are shit i dont know why we pay our national insurance they gave me the operation for hh years ago but they wont re do it for bromhidrosis he said its all in my head. Im having a diffrent op done in june with mr payne which is costing £1000 every month i get my wage slip and it makes me so angry that ive paid so much national insurance i dont think the nhs give a **** as long as its not life threatening. I went threw hell tryin to get the op done the 1st time so i knew they wouldnt do it for second time.

darknight

look for my posts many people don't understand that with the sweating comes odor. It hurts everyday.

http://wwwbodysupport.com/index.php

look at the products u can use that have a low ph balance. They will most likely take a while to work. but will help reduce the odor.

I suffer frm axillary hh.

Maybe try using Mitchum Clear Gel unscented has 25% but ALMAY also has 25% gly in it( but its mainly gfor women. it will help with the sweating some. :)

wat have u tried.

U can try Odaban is a spray form but helped me quite abit. slightly to no irritation. thats why i liked it. also I heard someone on here is taking Oxybutin 5mg. which helped them quite a bit. u should suggest trying it. Robinul. 6mg day (3 pills 2mg each). I became accustom to it.

U can look for it online at-

The official site of Odaban - Antiperspirant to stop underarm sweating, facial perspiration & wet palms.

that all I got for now.. I still want tumscent lipo though... :/

brunettee

ive tried every thin i use anhydrol forte at the minute which does help with the sweating theres little sweat that comes threw using this but it doesnt help with the odar when your using these type of products you cant use any other deodrant.

N

nes

I have the same problem
i think you either have an overgrown bacteria like a yeast or sometype of fungus (I have a chronic candida infection) check up for that , smoke cigarettes, alcohol, have a zinc magnesium defficincy or you eat spicy food onions or garlics.
These are deffinitely contributing factors. I just want to make sure if this bromhidrosis is a disease? or it is something caused by sometype of nutritional defficiency in our bodies? :S
It would suck if it was a disease and there is no way to cure it :S
I started smoking 2 years ago and these problems got a lot worse with me..
I use to have a little excessive sweating but not this much body odor.
I quit smoking now just because of this body odor situation.
All of the people here should do a detox fast, diet whatever it is.
liver flush, colon cleansing and use enema as well.. these will remove all the excess toxins that our body is trying to release by either excessive sweating, discharge, even bad breath and foot odor. These are the results of those frekin bacterias accumulated in our systems.
This is what I believe and will do it as soon as I loose a little weight which probably is also a contributing factor to excessive sweating friction of fat and therefore body odour =)

Try hypnosis, odaban, excercise, lose weight, loofah sponge, iontophorosis, shave hair or wax, ELECTOLYSIS (I will deffintly get that done), use alcohol swabs during the day to remove bacteria causing odor, and most importantly do the 3 day juicing diet to detox your body.

These are the stuff I have come across with on the net. I have been searching like crazy and as one of u said, my parents also took me to a physciatrist and he prescribed me medication. It sucks to open up to someone with a situation this embarresing and they think u have a mentl problem. It is so easy for physciatrist to cover up a serious medical condition like this which effects an individuals abilty to live.

Let me know how it goes, and keep me updated.
I feel like a looser just because of this shit, it took away my confidence, joy of life, sociabilty.
but i will deffinitely battle with it