My ex-ex-gf

Lexus199

I reached out to my ex-gf and initially things went well. However, we apparently wanted different things from each other. I stopped hearing from her after I told her that I still had feelings for her. She told me she missed me but I guess she meant as a friend. It's been three days since I've last heard from her so I don't know what's happening with her. It's worth noting that she moved out of state months ago for grad school. So I can't really go up to her and ask her what's going on.

Needless to say I'm pretty depressed about the whole thing. I also recently had surgery (Appendix) so I can't get the exercise that I badly need to deal with the stress. I'm thinking of dropping my classes or at least just doing halftime status. Right now I find it pretty hard to care about my studies or much else really.

I don't know why I'm posting this here. I guess it's because I don't really have any friends so there's no one that I can talk to.

doubtmyself

Banned
Sadly, I think it's time to move on. Use this recovery time to regain your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual strength.
You'd be surprised, once your mind is off her you can really wonder one day what the fuss was all about.

Kinetik

If there's one thing I've learned it's that you are always the best investment you can make. You're the most important thing in your life. So do your best to be kind to yourself. If that means rewarding yourself by doing something you like or buying something nice, do it. But also on a broader scale, it's important to keep your eye on the prize and the prize is you, even if you don't feel that way right now. So stay in school and do the best that you can for your own future.

As far as this girl goes, I don't think she could make it any clearer that she isn't interested in anything romantic. And that's okay, she has the right to feel that way. I think the best thing you can do for both of you is to close the door on her, as hard as that might be. What's important now is you being able to move on. You can easily do that, all you need are new experiences to distract you and the knowledge that things will get better once you truly shut out the past - and they always do.

Shyangel

If she doesn't want to talk to you, you gotta move on, buddy. I know it hurts and this whole thing is confusing because you feel like you love her, but trust me, you guys are probably broken up for a reason. The feelings will go away and you will see that your better off without her and probably don't love her. I got caught in a relationship on and off for months because I listened to the doubts and couldn't take the pain, but in the end it was obvious I was preventing the unavoidable. It has to end, don't prolong the pain.

Last edited: