Music

lyricalliaisons

Personally, I find it very hard to like most popular recent music. Most of it is absolutely horrifyingly, revoltingly, terrible.

206Raider

I agree every song I hear on the radio sucks except for rare occasions I'll hear something good flipping through radio channels. Most of the time I have to search for music I like on the internet.

Flowers-Of-Bloom

I like a lot of music, across a large variety of genres. I've been listening to Björk, Silverstein, Dope Stars Inc., Johnny Hollow, Radiohead, Amanda Palmer, Garbage, Emilie Autumn, The Cure, to name a few.
I don't *hate* the radio... you know, there are some good stations that aren't terrible. But, yeah. Not really a fan either.

Video contains mature language.

YouTube - Radio Friendly Song

ffeev223234

To be honest, any music you guys or gals post is good for everyone here

Greatness is very well loyal to me- some man who was talking to himself on the street

johnny 85

alice in chains have an album out. black gives way to blue. you should look up songs like your decision, check my brain, private hell. also a lot of there older stuff is brill. nutshell, down in ahole (unplugged}, would, angry chair, sludge factory {unplugged}. when ever i felt down/depressed and listened to aic i wood always feel better!!

ffeev223234

Alice in chains is good and i have listen to them recently and yes they blow my mind out

i know this song is old right now but have you guys heard of david guetta's memories besides sexy bitch?

shore_of_glass

yeah mainstream sucks

and does anyone notice that dance music was actualy kinda good back then and now is complete ****?

lollipop103

I absolutely love Evanescence but they haven't released anything new in a loong time. :(
& Also Taylor Swift's music is really sweet imo, though it's mainstream and most of the people here seem to really hate mainstream.

Jackson

Clutch, Devildriver, Dope, Lamb of God, Lollipop Lust Kill, Pantera, 36 Crazyfists, Between the Buried and Me, Downthesun, Dry Kill Logic, Five Finger Death Punch, Mastodon, Megadeath, Meshuggah, Motograter, Motorhead, Opeth, Powerman5000, Skinlab, Slayer, Soilwork, Chimaira, Nothingface, Motorhead

Thats the good stuff!

DownInAHole

alice in chains have an album out. black gives way to blue. you should look up songs like your decision, check my brain, private hell. also a lot of there older stuff is brill. nutshell, down in ahole (unplugged}, would, angry chair, sludge factory {unplugged}. when ever i felt down/depressed and listened to aic i wood always feel better!!

Yeah all their albums are great. They are amazing live too.

adriang2009

If you are not a huge fan of mainstream, i would suggest anyone to listen to immoral technique..He is amazing and raps about real issues, he speak the truth. Even if you don't like rap you should listen, he is not like any artist you will hear on the radio :)

If you are not a huge fan of mainstream, i would suggest anyone to listen to immoral technique..He is amazing and raps about real issues, he speak the truth. Even if you don't like rap you should listen, he is not like any artist you will hear on the radio :)

Hey yeah, I got introduced to him over the summer. I'm not typically a fan of rap, but he's amazing; how the heck do you rhyme something with "Icarus"?!

Current mainstream music is... the worst it's been in decades. My sister likes a Canadian chap named Justin Bieber. All I have to say is: WTF?!

Radiohead is getting more mainstream attention, though. And dance music isn't all bad. Not that I'm all that into it, but Franz Ferdinand and The Bravery are fairly awesome.

Let's see now: Wolfmother went down the toilet, Chris Cornell went from my personal hero to a complete joke in a single day, but Portishead and Zero 7 are pretty cool for approximately the same reasons... Queens of the Stone Age are sweet, Pearl Jam used to be amazing, Metric are all washed-up, Incubus is still, and always will be, mind-blowing... but most of my favorite music isn't very mainstream. =) Examples: Rocco DeLuca and the Burden, Old Crow Medecine Show, Beirut, Elvis Perkins, Yael Naim, John Frusciante, Jeff Buckley, and a bunch of 60's/70's stuff and classical.

Edit: Oh, and of course, Cotton Jones! I filled in on bass guitar in my friend's folk band and got to play a show with them. =D

Last edited:
Im so tired of Miley Cirus, Katy Perry, and all that bubblegum music...its soo God awful! they play sometimes there song 5 times a day on the same station. Its like their not even really singing, they have all this equipment to make their voice sound kind of like an echo or something..like they are singing through something. all this electronic stuff to make people voices sound unnatural, I hate it!
"nodding my head like yeah, moving my hip like yeah" some real intelligant lyrics lol.

I love all types of music, mostly rock...I used to like pop music but anymore it just sounds soo fake.

Last edited: