Motivation with school

What happened?

• I was able to make it through school regardless of loneliness and depression, and no human contact.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • I was forced to drop out because of loneliness, depression, and no human contact in my spare time

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I stayed connected with either my room mate, partner, or my parents to stay sain.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

voodoochild16

Hey everyone. Just wondering if any of you were able to motivate yourselves during college to keep working on assignments after school despite being completely lonely, depressed, and with no life contact in those times that you were by yourself in your dorm room or living with your parents?.

jaim38

I did a countdown of the number of days I had left - biggest motivator. I got rid of the expectations of getting As or Bs. Just passing is fine for me. I dropped out of several schools because the bullying, alienation, and reputation going down the toilet became intolerable. It felt like everyone hated me and no one was on my side.

voodoochild16

I did a countdown of the number of days I had left - biggest motivator. I got rid of the expectations of getting As or Bs. Just passing is fine for me. I dropped out of several schools because the bullying, alienation, and reputation going down the toilet became intolerable. It felt like everyone hated me and no one was on my side.

Cool i a similar mindset as you for counting down the days and just "passing". I have heard of schools that people with SA have gone to and there are good ones and bad ones, but most often I think it's pretty normal to be bullied and what not. It sucks. Though for me I just have to go for one month at a time for three years, so one month per year.

Though being 25, I couldn't get into what I wanted to do, which was maybe Technical Support (helping people with their computers over the phone, because I hate programming). And so my "job just to make money" ended up taking me somewhere and it's not completely social so, that's why im in a trade now.

But I basically have no friends, living in a small town near my parents, and have no girlfriend. Having to travel to the bigger city to go to school by myself while leaving my apartment free for a month and paying rent for it, and combined with all this depression, is so freaking difficult it's not even funny. So I'm gonna do what anyone else would do first, I think. And on the other hand, sometimes I just don't know what the hell im doing with myself.

goblin

I'm taking classes currently, and while motivation is an issue there are some workarounds. In addition to clever planning, contact with a good forum or Skype with an online friend provides some comfort.

I'm also interested in the subject itself, so it can provide some solitary pleasure. Looking forward to dissecting my entire laptop just to replace the screen this weekend. Never done it before, but that's where the fun is (and why I have the manual).

LazyHermitCrab

I've had trouble with taking certain classes that I know would cause me embarrassment. I'm taking those classes now, and just doing them, so they will go away once and for all. I've found motivation by getting to the point where I either take those classes or drop out and keep a crappy job. I decided to just push through these classes, which isn't easy at all, but at least there's hope now. At the beginning it's hard to have any motivation at all because it's such a long journey, but it becomes more manageable.