Missing my pets

dannyboy65

Well I have to stay in a campground for the summer and I've been here a few weeks now. Sad thing is I can't take my cat with me so he has to stay home. I miss having him around, cause when I'm home he is always around me. He always follows me and cuddles and licks. I have a strong bond with that cat and I bet he misses me just as much cause even if I leave for a day he is excited to see me when I get home. I guess I miss him too cause he helps me feel better when my mental illness is getting bad.

What about you guys, do you miss your pet(s) when your not home?

LoyalXenite

Definitely, I've never willingly spent a night away from my dogs, the only time i have is when I was in hospital. I hate being apart from them, I get highly anxious and stressed when apart. Even just when I go out to do the grocery shopping, I'd feel better about going away if I had someone I trusted to babysit them, instead of leaving them home alone (even if its only ever a few hours).

grapevine

My whole life this was an issue. It was my chickens. My pets and ducks too. They were my life. They are bantams and I have about 30 now.
Each one hand raised and since I was 16 I had them and had deaths too from old age and sickness- raised new ones etc.. everyone having their own characters and such - always one hen that would come up and have to sit on my lap and push herself under my arm for a cuddle.

They were my life. I loved making a garden for them and doing all sorts of things- getting new hay for their house (that looks like a cottage house with foundation and everything that dad made 15 yrs ago).

Yet when I was younger- and decided from pressure that I wanted to study gardening or other things - at a college - it would mean that I had to go into the city 2 hrs away and live with my nanna at the time. And I could never ever take it - it was to long away from them - even when I tried vet nursing - I couldnt hack it and went back home to my animals.

But now- since Ive been working for over a year now- its odd - because all my responsibilities are onto my mum now - I hardly see my chickens and ducks personally - they go up to me tho- but im not caring for them like b4.

I guess Im just not dependent on them anymore. But I do miss it.

dannyboy65

I got to visit my cat twice this summer and when I opened the door he was meowing, rubbing against me and was so excited. I'd then play catch with him and lay down so he could cuddle with me. Then I'd take a 2-3 hour nap with him. He would then wake me up to play and meow some more. He also knew when I was leaving and tried to get me to stay. It's amazing how much an animal can love someone.