Meeting people is easy

worrywort

I don't have trouble meeting people. I have trouble making friends. :-(

Funnily enough that's kinda what the article is about. Meeting people is the easy part, it's just that nobody really likes to meet people. What we want is to already know people that we like, without having to go through the ordeal of actually having to meet them! The writer explains it much better than me!

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
The F words keep reminding me of what I'm not getting.
Farm fresh figs with fennel?

fig+salad.jpg

Richey

I agree 100% with the article and i think its just something that happens to adults, not all, but a fair slice of middle class people just become very smug, very conditioned by mainstream culture and very difficult to please.

A few trends that seem to occur. Often parents become narcissistic to everyone around them, simply because they are constantly in control and become a boss 24/7 to their kids, so they become that personality to everyone.

Other personalities are just very difficult to gauge.

Which is why i love it when i meet someone late 20s, early 30s who is still a bit silly, has empathy, is just nice and hasn't become all twisted and evil yet. They just stayed down to earth and nice and didn't turn to the dark side of narcissism or big ego and superficial.

If you worked in retail you can tell the nice people from the arrogant with little empathy, it's obvious.

Last edited:

bsammy

i know quite a few extroverts that actually look forward to going out and meeting people..they dont dread it at all..