Love this quote:

emre43

"Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits".

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
But... doesn't our good conscience, good health, occupation and freedom at some level depends on the condition of life in which chance has placed us?

I still like the quote though :)

Whenever I'm worrying about something I think about this similar quote:

"The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven." (John Milton)

In other words, it's all in your head.

emre43

But... doesn't our good conscience, good health, occupation and freedom at some level depends on the condition of life in which chance has placed us?

I still like the quote though :)

Not really. Our emotions are influenced by the way we think about situations, i.e. feeling sad about a situation is a healthy emotion, whereas feeling depressed is an unhealthy emotion.

emre43

"The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven." (John Milton)

Precisely.

cowboyup

I like that! yes, sometimes I (for me anyway) I tend to blow things out of proportion and then go back and think, hmm, that wasn't so bad...it was all in my head.