Looking young for your age

slimjim119

Not sure if this thread has been done before. Just wondering how many of you think you look young for your age. Seems to be a very common trait among a lot of social anxiety sufferers. Could be a very beneficial thing in the long run.

FriendlyShadow

People always say that I look twelve years old at first until I tell them my actual age. I do eat very healthy foods and drink water almost all of the time. I even get told that I still looked how I did when I was a little kidd, but I think I look slightly different.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I used to get told I was older than I looked, when I was 14, I'd get mistake for someone in their late teens, early 20s. But I think I look quite young, considering I'm pushing 30. I definitely do see either of these as an insult.

Ithior

I'm short and thin so people think I'm around 16 years old. I grew some facial hair to look older, and I felt more confident for some days. Now it doesn't make me feel more confident any more, but I keep it anyway because trimming it is better than shaving it (I would always cut myself on the chin and would get some allergic reaction on my cheeks).

theoutsider

People are always shocked when they learn my actual age. They think I'm about 16 years younger than I am. I wonder sometimes if it doesn't have something to do with me being uncertain as much as it has to do with my looks. I imagine that people my age are probably more sure of themselves than I project myself to be.

squidgee

I am currently 18 and probably look 14. I honestly don't see any advantages from this. I don't really care for looking like 30 at age 50, at least I don't think I would. You end up feeling inadequate or childish amongst peers who are of similar age and look far more adult. The only giveaways that imply I'm not 14 are probably my height and the fact I'm not wearing a school uniform.

Last edited:

Metal_isthe_Answer

Not sure if this thread has been done before. Just wondering how many of you think you look young for your age. Seems to be a very common trait among a lot of social anxiety sufferers. Could be a very beneficial thing in the long run.

Someone once thought I was 19 when I was 24. Now I'm 30 and I don't really know other peoples thoughts on my appearance, but I think I look younger than 30 (though the beard makes me look older than I would otherwise).

ONline87_15793

i'm not look for my age. I'm 19 years old but i look as 24-25. but i'm working on! :D

Not sure if this thread has been done before. Just wondering how many of you think you look young for your age. Seems to be a very common trait among a lot of social anxiety sufferers. Could be a very beneficial thing in the long run
Yes it has (prob a few times).
It makes me wonder if the minds of highly-anxious people somehow alter "genetic-expression", resulting in a more slower-to-age body :thinking:

squidgee

Yes it has (prob a few times).
It makes me wonder if the minds of highly-anxious people somehow alter "genetic-expression", resulting in a more slower-to-age body :thinking:

I think it would probably be the other way around.
Genetic expression independent of anxiety --> appear younger. Cultural/societal values placed upon being adult + looking like a kid --> self-consciousness, contributes to anxiety.

If anything, you'd think being anxious would wear your body down and make you appear older. Anxiety = stress, and excessive stress has adverse effects on the body that can manifest physically. Looking younger doesn't seem like the most likely of those outcomes.