looking for fresh musics? try the lucifersam mixtape vol. 1!

Well, I put together a mixtape (I guess the proper digital term would be "playlist", but whatever) that I have titled, for lack of a better... title, the lucifersam mixtape vol. 1.

There is no way to generalize the styles contained within, however the threads of indie pop/rock, electronic music, shoegaze, and experimentalism run through much of it. And you will never hear any of this being played on the radio (unless maybe you are listening to the college station).

Here's the download link, I don't know how long they'll keep it up for, so grab it now, and let me know what you think of it.

https://download.yousendit.com/39618B93167CBED9

(Atlernate link with a hella lame CAPTCHA:
http://rapidshare.com/files/121709692/THE_lucifersam_mixtpae_vol._1.rar.html )

01. MGMT - Time to Pretend
02. Babyshambles - Sedative (I actualy found this one through someone's post here on SPW)
03. Animal Collective - Peacebone
04. Slowdive - Morningrise
05. Panda Bear - Take Pills
06. LSD and the Search for God - Starting Over
07. Battles - Atlas
08. Animal Collective - Winters Love
09. Atlas Sound - Ativan
10. CocoRosie - By Your Side
11. Slowdive - Silver Screen (demo)
12. The Apples in Stereo - Shine (In Your Mind)
13. The Raveonettes - Lust
14. Of Montreal - So Begins Our Alabee
15. AFX - Laughable Butane Bob
16. Holy Fuck - Lovely Allen (Daytrotter Session)
17. Brian Eno - Burning Airlines Give You So Much More
18. Deerhunter - Spring Hall Convert

FunwithPineTrees

if it is a nice playlist then i will take it from the itnernet and put it on my comptuer with downloading and stuff.

yeah i figure it will be good from the fact that your signature wuote is animal colelctive, which is a band that's nice and youre avatar is pink floyd or something, i thought it was i can't see it right now, so maybe im wrong

silentbutdeadly

I've been listening to it and I'm down to the last few tracks. I like it a lot, it has a nice flow to it. It's nice and mellow and is the type of mix that would be perfect for doing your homework to. Plus, you've opened up my eyes (or is it ears?) to some new artists.

silentbutdeadly said:
I've been listening to it and I'm down to the last few tracks. I like it a lot, it has a nice flow to it.

Yeah I put thought into how to arrange the tracks, that's one of the core principals of mixtape making.

It's nice and mellow and is the type of mix that would be perfect for doing your homework to.

I'm not quite sure about that. I'd play an ISAN album if I wanted music to do homework to.

Plus, you've opened up my eyes (or is it ears?) to some new artists.

Yes! That was the point of the entire mixtape!

Glad you liked it! If I get more positive reactions like this, I'll upload my mixtapes to some torrent tracker.

bretters

It looks pretty good, theres afew bands there ive been meaning to look into,this may give me the push.

Im happily surprised by mgmt's album, i normally dont go for the hyped stuff but its pretty good!

Thanks for the post, will keep me busy for awhile!

I've been blasting MGMT since October, way before the hype. They were touring with Of Montreal at the time. And they were good then, they still are now. 8)