Locus of control

What's your locus of control

from psychology today

"Locus of control refers to how a person perceives the cause of life events. Someone with an internal locus of control would generally perceive himself or herself as responsible for certain occurrences (his or her actions would have a direct bearing on the result). On the other hand, a person with an external locus of control would most often blame (or thank) fate, destiny, luck, society, or some other force beyond his or her control. "

Me
You have a fairly internal attribution style when it comes to success. In general, you interpret your success as a result of your skills, intelligence, nice personality, etc. although you might think it takes a bit of luck as well. As a result, you are usually able to accept the credit you deserve. Your self-esteem, motivation, and general well-being certainly benefit from this orientation.

Last edited:

benno

"Your self-esteem, motivation, and general well-being would most likely be improved if you realized that you actively influence positive events in your life."

Sums it up ::(:

ilmatross

Success Orientation
You have a fairly internal attribution style when it comes to success. In general, you interpret your success as a result of your skills, intelligence, nice personality, etc. although you might think it takes a bit of luck as well. As a result, you are usually able to accept the credit you deserve. Your self-esteem, motivation, and general well-being certainly benefit from this orientation.

53 - 'You have a mixed attribution style when it comes to success'

That sounds about right, not a winner, but also not a total loser

Sinar_Matahari

Thanks for the test! I love taking these. :D I scored a 66, but I think I'm going to retake it because I'm not completely satisfied with the answers I've chosen.

I scored a 74 this time. I was more satisfied with the answers I gave since I gave the questions a bit more thought this time.

Last edited:

EscapeArtist

You have an internal attribution style when it comes to success. You tend to interpret your success as a result of your skills, intelligence, nice personality, etc., rarely attributing it to external forces. As a result, you are able to accept the credit you deserve. Your self-esteem, motivation, and general well-being certainly benefit from this orientation.

lonely_drummer

You have a mixed attribution style when it comes to success. Sometimes you interpret your success as a result of your skills, intelligence, nice personality, etc. Other times, you attribute it to external factors, such as luck, ease of task, or other people's help. As a consequence, you don't always take the credit you deserve. Your self-esteem, motivation, and general well-being would most likely be improved if you realized that you actively influence positive events in your life.

pretty accurate