Leaving the house.. Anxious all the time

anxiety1408

Everytime I leave my house i feel anxious, Feel judged constantly when walking on the street, i feel very self conscious constantly! Cant keep eye contact with people walking on the street, you know the awkardness when your walking and you like dont know where to look lol, Its getting really bad now, Its like a daily routine I expect to feel like that every time, and at times when i feel okay its like an achievement to be normal!? I feel like i always look awkward which makes me feel more anxious!! i just want to feel at ease. Even when im on my own at home i dont feel comfortable now :(

I dont feel comfortable in partys, family gatherings, just very self conscious and uncomfortable! Anxiety sucks! :( Is there anyone else that feels or has felt like this and how do you cope with it?

Ps im a new member Hello to all, It is nice in a way to know im not the only one who has anxiety!

Ignace

Most of the people on here know how you feel. ;) Look it on the bright side though, at least you can go to parties etc.

Welcome here.

anxiety1408

Most of the people on here know how you feel. ;) Look it on the bright side though, at least you can go to parties etc.

Welcome here.

I hate going to parties, over the last few years I have tried to avoid parties as much as i can whether it be family or not because i feel too anxious so i dont go and stay home, I cant really go to parties unless i am literally forced to ;) Cos it only triggers my reaction and its not seen as something enjoyable in my mind, Unless its one of my mates party its a No go, Btw thanks for commenting! And Hi :]

Ignace

Oh sorry, misread then.::p: Well, I don't even go to parties from/with friends. Some of them still try to get me to a party, but it's always a no-go with me. No idea, it could be fun with those guys. But bad experiences in the past are making it harder.::(:

anxiety1408

Oh sorry, misread then.::p: Well, I don't even go to parties from/with friends. Some of them still try to get me to a party, but it's always a no-go with me. No idea, it could be fun with those guys. But bad experiences in the past are making it harder.::(:

Experiences, thats what problems/memories are, It just seems like its something thats bound to happen, we take our own bias opinion and make it a fact, i read a book/ self help guide, it says we have a bottom line (our opinion of ourself) and we do things to protect it/act in a certain way thus believeing the bottom line to be a fact and acting according to it. well i have tried many things from reading books to listening to subliminal things, Just got to somehow get out there and have some good experiences, not been working whatever i have been doing so far. the fear of fear, isnt that weird. there is nothing to fear yet we fear to feel the fear. Its all self destructive. It all makes logical sense, but applying it/ doing things doesnt seem that easy as understanding it!

Ignace

Experiences, thats what problems/memories are, It just seems like its something thats bound to happen, we take our own bias opinion and make it a fact, i read a book/ self help guide, it says we have a bottom line (our opinion of ourself) and we do things to protect it/act in a certain way thus believeing the bottom line to be a fact and acting according to it. well i have tried many things from reading books to listening to subliminal things, Just got to somehow get out there and have some good experiences, not been working whatever i have been doing so far. the fear of fear, isnt that weird. there is nothing to fear yet we fear to feel the fear. Its all self destructive. It all makes logical sense, but applying it/ doing things doesnt seem that easy as understanding it!

That's great said, dude. ;)

tweetebird

Welcome anxiety1408 :) Yup, I, and I'm sure many others, know how you feel. I don't think there are any fast and easy solutions to this. Stick around, post some more, get feedback and support and take steps from there. I have found in the last year that taking my digital camera with me everywhere helps me feel a little better about being out. It helps me shift my focus to looking around me for any nice shots.

anxiety1408

Welcome anxiety1408 :) Yup, I, and I'm sure many others, know how you feel. I don't think there are any fast and easy solutions to this. Stick around, post some more, get feedback and support and take steps from there. I have found in the last year that taking my digital camera with me everywhere helps me feel a little better about being out. It helps me shift my focus to looking around me for any nice shots.

:) Thanks for the tip, Having the camera around helps, whether it be take a photo of myself or snaps of the outside world like you suggested I can put my attention elsewhere, I'll keep that in mind and work on other aspects, currently working through a book called feel the fear and do it anyway, i have a few more to read. If i have any tips i will share also. thanks :)