Laughing....

Sometimes i find myself laughing at things which are not AT ALL Funny (and i say to myself i shouldnt be laughing at this) but i do and when i laugh i feel scared as well i dont find it funny if that make sense and i feel ashamed..

what causes that?any Ideas? as i feel cold hearted and bad when i laugh at things i shouldnt,I feel really Ashamed but sometimes i cant help laughing..:(:(:(:(:(:(

JamieD

I get that sometimes, it's usually when i'm around people, i can't help but laugh excessively, more than it is actually funny. Like you, i say to myself, this isn't even funny. I'm guessing it's because i wanna not look grumpy, blend in etc.. by not laughing.

Luke1993

I didn't laugh at all because I did not understand humour too well, now I laugh a lot but usually out of nerves because I feel so awkward.

Lost Girl

scottishpacfan, do you do this when you're alone or around people?
I think nervous laughter is common for almost anyone when in an awkward situation!

I have had a couple of times when I've been so mad and angry at the world for no real reason - feel like I couldn't smile even if I tried - and then the silliest thing will happen and I will laugh hysterically. I look like a right madwoman.

scottishpacfan, do you do this when you're alone or around people?
I think nervous laughter is common for almost anyone when in an awkward situation!

I have had a couple of times when I've been so mad and angry at the world for no real reason - feel like I couldn't smile even if I tried - and then the silliest thing will happen and I will laugh hysterically. I look like a right madwoman.

It can be both. It could be something really cruel happning and i will start laughing sometimes and i will think"Why am I laughing at THIS? I Shouldnt be" And i feel awful for laughing at it.

Mikefly

If u think it's funny it's funny , doesn't matter if it's dark, sick or whatever what's funny to you is just your sense of humor. You don't need to appologize to anyone for this , keep laughing.

Helyna

I do that. It's really embarrassing. I've gotten in trouble for it at least once.

mrb

nothing wrong with it , its a good thing to laugh ........ be happy , we dont all have the same scence of humor ....... as mikefly says .... long as its not at anyones misfortunes lol

Helyna

Laughing, and smiling are not necessarily indicators that a person finds something amusing or pleasant. Sometimes, people laugh out of nervousness. Sometimes we laugh so we don't have to cry or have any "negative" reaction to certain stimuli.

That's true. We read the Shakespeare play Titus Andronicus in English last year, and my teacher actually discussed that. (At one point, Titus laughs because everything is so terrible that there's nothing left to do. Do not read this play.) It made me feel better.

melsmood

I laughed at an old bloke who fell off his push bike and knocked himself out going across a railway there were loads of people there to help him but i had to leave the train station cuz i went into a laughin fit

I laughed when I read that.. yet I know it is not funny. Must be my lunatic gene.