Last Stand

There is a woman I consider my special jewel. My light to openness. Three months past and she caught on to me lying and hiding. I hid myself from her, deeply afraid to lose her. Snip-its of my life did nothing to appease her appetite of my story.

Three month pass and she tells me, like the warrior she is, over the phone, we should see other people. Shocked I dived head first into what I did wrong.

With my analytic mind, I raced everywhere. Proceeding to hurt her with my short vague responses to hearing her truths. The conclusion: it was both of us. Two people trying to get know each other. One more open the other, me, not open enough.

She took my wants for discussions as me being angry, argumentative. She took my self preserved playful pestering a hateful way. Had I known that those traits of mine would have ceased. Save for my brothers and father whom all take it with pride.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I cannot stress this enough. Communication! Are you willing to let your love slip away because you are afraid to tell them you don't like such and such or perhaps not talk about why you're silent? Do we know how many positive relationships can be saved if we just talked to one another about one another? Ladies, men want to solve your broken hearts and hurts, we love you, it's how we're wired. Gentlemen, women want you to tell them how you feel and they want someone to relate to.

With great fear I asked her for one more shot, one more chance to open up to her. She, the forgiving beauty she is, accepted. With a condition of course. We will meet up, have a coffee and she quite clearly stated that I tell her everything. I scarcely know where to begin. I don't know if I will prove to her how much I love her. Here my analytic mind is four-walled.

If her happiness must be me kicked to the streets I will go that way and away.

ImNotMyIllness

Communication is key! Tell her what you need, your fears and insecurities. You really can't hide anything in a relationship, it will come out one way or another.

Lamb

Very well said. :bowing: This really touched my heart.

I learned most of this yesterday, the hard way, after being guilt-ridden with anxiety and fears. Got my thoughts out in the open and I was embraced with opens arms unlike I thought I would be. It turned out well in the end. I hope this plays out positively for you too! You mentioned not knowing where to start. Is it possible maybe trying to make an outline with some main points so you don't forget anything?

gummybear22

would be good if you wrote everything out and had plenty of time to think things through. and bring what you write with you so you don't leave anything out

coyote

would be good if you wrote everything out and had plenty of time to think things through. and bring what you write with you so you don't leave anything out

great idea

write out what you want to tell her

in case you clam up

laure15

Go for it. You got nothing to lose. Be honest to her about your problems and feelings. Good luck!

It's today at 20:30 EST. I will show up early.
I have written out something. I keep going over in my head what to say to her. How to say it. Ultimately she wants to know me so I shouldn't focus on how to say anything I should just say it.

She wants me to tell her everything. I have asked some people what that actually means. Women say tell her everything about you (implying me). Men say give short summaries why talk about deal breakers?

Is the world of people, men and women, so shallow they know nothing? Is it always game-like? Why can't a relationship just be because we feel right?

ImNotMyIllness

Just tell her all of your feelings and insecurities. You and she will both feel better afterwards. She is trying to get to know you. No sense in having a relationship with a wall.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I don't know much about your story but I think you should stop being afraid of her, she obviously cares. It's hard to open up but it seems she's worth it. Maybe it's time to jump off the cliff :)

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Well, Sial, I think I've told you once that you need to be less... reclusive. This girl is being patient with you, don't repeat the story with her (You know what I'm talking about)

Good luck, and if you need anything, you can count on me.