KAVA anyone?

Hey, i'm very interested to know if theres anyone on here who's been precribed Kava root for anxiety? or have taken it one way or the other.. Particularly if you live in Australia.

Reason being is that i just saw on our local news, a university here in Australia conducted a clinical trial for it as a treatment for sevre anxiety and depression.

the claims were: less side effects and no developed dependancy unlike conventional anti-anxiety drugs. it was mainly being compared with oxazepam as a much more suitable drug and the results so far look promising..

ive never heard of it being used here before as a treatment for anxiety although things might be differnt in the U.S? i've just enquired the University in question about participating in a trial, as im not sure if there is any other way of giving it a go here in Australia?? does anyone know if this is the case? thanks

I'm more interested in the alcoholic beverage named "Kava"(!). Anyone know how to make it?? :D

Maybe this "beverage" might contain best of both worlds? --> both medicine AND alcohol??? :cool:

I saw some island peoples drinking it on the tele the other day, and thought it might be easy & cheap to make (& is a very strong brew, apparently can "knock you out" if not careful !)

Last edited:

Joolin

Kava isn't a long term solution so much as a nice little boost to help you climb out of a rut. I recommend getting the extract in tincture form. You put a few dropperfuls in a glass of water and drink it all in one big gulp. Within seconds you'll feel a slight easing of tensions - the physical sensation that comes along with the emotion of relief. It only lasts for maybe 10 minutes but when you're feeling anxious, that's just enough time to chill out and get your mind onto a different track.