just took the rest of the week off...

MrTimid&Shy

due to my forearm pain...or as the doctor described it "tennis elbow". its been really frustrating for me. last time i posted about how my life wasn't going anywhere and im nearing my 30's. i finally found a job part time that pays min wage. i do mostly data entry which doesn't exactly help my "arm". i don't really like this job. my boss is yelling at me half the time because im losing him money. i told him him im doing my best. i also have motivation problems sometimes. i don't know if its because there are no peers there. i was barely getting through the first few weeks, not just with the pain but with the boredom, but i stuck around because i didn't wana quit. finally today i couldn't take the pain anymore, so i called my boss and told him that i will try to make it back next week. so here i am...frustrated and in pain. i don't really have a point here but i feel so lost, i don't feel a sense of purpose in life..or that im goin anywhere with it.

Waybuloo

I feel your pain (no pun intended). Muscle aches and pains can really gnaw at you over time. No doubt a job like that will make the injury worse without proper care and time to rest. I am not sure how desperate the job market is where you are, but can you perhaps try to get another one? Perhaps you could rest until your arm gets better and then apply for another job? I've done stuff like data entry before but it was in open plan offices so I was around people. Me being anxious made me get through 8 hour boring days with no problem. But I couldn't sit on my own for a whole day on the computer without doing anything else.

At the end of the day I think it's best to not put so much stress on yourself and especially so when you have a boss pressuring you. Data entry is not designed to make money. Sales are more of a money making line of work. Things like finance, accounting, data entry, filing etc are there to organise the business but not to bring the cash in. Your boss doesn't make sense, unless there are other duties you do that generate sales.

Do you have your parents to fall back on for example if you need to take a hiatus from employment due to your medical condition?

MollyBeGood

due to my forearm pain...or as the doctor described it "tennis elbow". its been really frustrating for me. last time i posted about how my life wasn't going anywhere and im nearing my 30's. i finally found a job part time that pays min wage. i do mostly data entry which doesn't exactly help my "arm". i don't really like this job. my boss is yelling at me half the time because im losing him money. i told him him im doing my best. i also have motivation problems sometimes. i don't know if its because there are no peers there. i was barely getting through the first few weeks, not just with the pain but with the boredom, but i stuck around because i didn't wana quit. finally today i couldn't take the pain anymore, so i called my boss and told him that i will try to make it back next week. so here i am...frustrated and in pain. i don't really have a point here but i feel so lost, i don't feel a sense of purpose in life..or that im goin anywhere with it.

welcome to my world..gawd...sorry... severe tennis elbow in both arms due to being stupid mostly on my part with fly fishing for 10 yrs hard core and rowing a drift boat also from working as a carpenter/laborer for a long time...building our own house etc...

now I am really messed up from it and feel like a useless human because I cannot do much of anything with out it hurting really bad-including computer stuff.

I haven't found much of anything that helps me either. All I can say is I understand completely how ya feel.

MrTimid&Shy

I feel your pain (no pun intended). Muscle aches and pains can really gnaw at you over time. No doubt a job like that will make the injury worse without proper care and time to rest. I am not sure how desperate the job market is where you are, but can you perhaps try to get another one? Perhaps you could rest until your arm gets better and then apply for another job? I've done stuff like data entry before but it was in open plan offices so I was around people. Me being anxious made me get through 8 hour boring days with no problem. But I couldn't sit on my own for a whole day on the computer without doing anything else.

At the end of the day I think it's best to not put so much stress on yourself and especially so when you have a boss pressuring you. Data entry is not designed to make money. Sales are more of a money making line of work. Things like finance, accounting, data entry, filing etc are there to organise the business but not to bring the cash in. Your boss doesn't make sense, unless there are other duties you do that generate sales.

Do you have your parents to fall back on for example if you need to take a hiatus from employment due to your medical condition?

i do tend to put a lot of stress on myself...partly because i also tend to compare my self to others my age and see how behind i am. its just a negative cycle that ive built up myself.

and sorry i forget to mention, the data entry i do is to generate sales in a way because i have to update the prices with his competitors online, while maintaining a 35% above his selling price. he wants me to come up with ideas and ways to get him more profit and if he loses even a penny he takes it all out on me. I told him i'm not really a business minded person and that my line is data entry. What really bugs me is that he doesn't tell me what exactly to do, he keeps telling me different things everyday and that's really throwing me off.

MrTimid&Shy

狼;601979 said:
welcome to my world..gawd...sorry... severe tennis elbow in both arms due to being stupid mostly on my part with fly fishing for 10 yrs hard core and rowing a drift boat also from working as a carpenter/laborer for a long time...building our own house etc...

now I am really messed up from it and feel like a useless human because I cannot do much of anything with out it hurting really bad-including computer stuff.

I haven't found much of anything that helps me either. All I can say is I understand completely how ya feel.

wow really? how old are you? and yes ive always been very active person and im always doing something with my hands. im guessing they are giving up on me after 28 years. lol. what remedies have you been taking? any meds? ive been taking some pain killers which helps a lil..