just some rambling.

ImNotMyIllness

That sucks! I think it stems from her insecurity. Maybe she sees a part of her in you or part of her "old self" in you. That part may be different but similar in the sense that she sees it as a weakness or something inadequate.
At any rate, she is being very immature and you should bring this to her attention. She needs to be put in her place or she'll continue to make you feel bad. I think once you have a talk with her, you'll both feel better. She may not even know why she is putting you down. It could be a subconscious type of thing.

vanillabear

That sucks! I think it stems from her insecurity. Maybe she sees a part of her in you or part of her "old self" in you. That part may be different but similar in the sense that she sees it as a weakness or something inadequate.
At any rate, she is being very immature and you should bring this to her attention. She needs to be put in her place or she'll continue to make you feel bad. I think once you have a talk with her, you'll both feel better. She may not even know why she is putting you down. It could be a subconscious type of thing.

That's really insightful.. and I guess it makes sense. It was years that people gave her crap about her life so I guess it must make her feel empowered or whatnot to be able to do it to someone else.. if I'm following your train of thought correctly..

Anyways, it was just nice to kind of get it out there, thanks for taking the time out to respond! :)

ImNotMyIllness

You're welcome! Keep in mind, she's probably acting out subconsciously. I don't think she realizes how much she is hurting you. Just let her know. You'll both be closer afterwards.