Just saying Hi!

SalemEdgerton1

Hi guys. I just joined the community and just wanted to say that it's really awesome to see that I'm not alone and there are others like me.

I've struggled with social phobia for probably 9 years now though I've at least made some progress in general with it. I guess the really frustrating thing is that I can't really try new things or attract friends very effectively because of the little fears and anxiety that hold me back. Sometimes I wish I could restart life and try again, but I know I'm stuck with this and the only real thing I can do is do my best.

I feel like an outcast who can never fit in with anyone because I have unusual interests and tastes for someone my age. The social phobia makes me feel even more like an outcast and I really think that feeling of self-worthlessness is what kills any chances I have with girls, as well as that I'm not particularly attractive looking.

But I do believe that perhaps this community may help me at least understand myself better and help to work through the social phobia...I hope at least.

AllieG

welcome SalemEdgerton1 :) I found out about this site yesterday and was so glad that i'm not alone too!

Chrysalis

Welcome :)

I've just recently joined also and know how hard it is to talk about one's 'issues' so I commend you for taking the step and doing so :)

Wishing you all the best

:)