just how do you go about meeting other people with social anxiety?

onehandclapping

or any other similar mental health conditions?

when you have social anxiety its difficult to do group meetings or go to places where you can meet others. using the web doesn't really seem to be a good replacement ,I find that there isn't enough places online where people are interested in dating or relationships. most places where people come together tend to be there for different reasons and its usually not dating (like this place, I don't use it for that).

I tried that site called nolongerlonely but it seems so barren. there's hardly anyone on there.

JohnnAY

Same here. Signing up for this site is the first thing I've ever done to seek out people with similar anxiety issues. It's a great community, but as far as dating goes, there aren't many venues for us. Sites like nolongerlonely are pretty void and the few people on there have extremely vague profiles. My guess is that they're embarrassed of their condition.

I feel your frustration:kickingmyself:

onehandclapping

signing up to forums

I don't find this is a good way to meet people if you are looking for dating and relationships. people aren't there for that mainly and you might end up taking an interest in someone who only sees you as a friend leading to a lot of disappointment. theres too much chance of misinterpretation as you don't know peoples intentions, people aren't going to make them explicitly clear on a forum. when you see people in person you have much more to work with.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I've seen some people with issues. I have a neighbour who had Panic Disorder and Depression and got it controlled for the most part. She's now working normally.

My mom's kinesiologist had really bad family issues that lead to severe Depression and is treated now, she's working too, says she's a lot happier now.

Then my teacher's wife suffered from Agoraphobia and he told me she's very reclusive.

I have yet to meet someone with SA.

akala

I don't find this is a good way to meet people if you are looking for dating and relationships. people aren't there for that mainly and you might end up taking an interest in someone who only sees you as a friend leading to a lot of disappointment. theres too much chance of misinterpretation as you don't know peoples intentions, people aren't going to make them explicitly clear on a forum. when you see people in person you have much more to work with.

Just a nice place to meet people who have been through what you have. I don't join forums to look for romantic relationships

Fighter86

I have yet to meet someone with SA.

I have met two persons real life from SA forum, the experience was great, since we know each other have SA we were able to hang out comfortably. I actually did like one, but too bad he has not been speaking to me. I just wished we could be friends if not in a relationship, but his not interested either. As for real life persons with SA not via online, no I never met. Everyone I know has a life outside of work, a real life with activities and things to go to.