Just Don't Care Anymore !!!!!!

Mae57

I find myself in a world of not caring anymore about anyone or anything. Having 5 children and a husband I don't have any feelings for what so ever and just wanting life to come to an end. I have no place to go and no one to turn to. My husband does not want to understand mental health even though I suffer from many diagnosis and so do my children. My thoughts are to call Social Services and report myself an my husband for Neglect because my childrens needs are not being met because I can't or don't care to do anything about it and he wont, then on the other hand I just don't care.

MikeyC

Whoa, okay, let's take a seat and have a glass of water.

First of all, you are aware of your five children's needs. Just by mentioning that you are neglecting them, you are actually not because you're aware of what neglect really is. If they're being fed, clothed, and loved - even if you truly don't care - then that is a very good start.

Now, your husband. Is he a good person? Do you love him? Did you love him when you married him? Just from what you've mentioned, I think that you have got just too much going on and it's become too overwhelming. Your husband not really taking into consideration the mental hurdles you have can only make that more difficult for you.

It sounds like you need 1. a professional to help you get through why you're not caring anymore, and 2. a holiday away to rejuvenate. The pressures of home life, especially when you're raising five children, can be tough for anyone, and there's nothing wrong with seeking help to get through exceptionally tough periods.

dannyboy65

Not caring is not a path you want to follow it is a dark path, I know from experiences. Nothing gets better if you give up, you lose everything, you lose family, and worse yourself. You destroy your self and suffer slowly. Now think would you want your kids to see you suffer, you have to and you can push through. You need that will power and you need to make a giant step in your life. Maybe you can go to therapy or couple counselling, seek professional help, get your life back. If you can't do it for yourself please try for your children I seen what kids are like in group homes and believe me you don't want your children living there. There is hope for you just keep pushing everyone goes into a dark time.

Remus

Staff member
Yes call them, they can rationally attain what your needs might be this doesn't always mean children being taken into care, that rarely happens and only in extreme cases. I had to call social services when me and my ex were together, she wanted to bash our babies head against the wall. The support team arrived and my ex got a lot of support, therapy and came out of that dark hole and became a lovely stable mother again. Call them, parenting can be hard, never think you failed, we all need support from time to time, when it's absent the pressure just builds.

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?

First of all, you are aware of your five children's needs. Just by mentioning that you are neglecting them, you are actually not because you're aware of what neglect really is. If they're being fed, clothed, and loved - even if you truly don't care - then that is a very good start.

Now, your husband. Is he a good person? Do you love him? Did you love him when you married him? Just from what you've mentioned, I think that you have got just too much going on and it's become too overwhelming. Your husband not really taking into consideration the mental hurdles you have can only make that more difficult for you.

It sounds like you need 1. a professional to help you get through why you're not caring anymore, and 2. a holiday away to rejuvenate. The pressures of home life, especially when you're raising five children, can be tough for anyone, and there's nothing wrong with seeking help to get through exceptionally tough periods.

^ what he said.

BlueWeepingRose

I agree with he said too. And I hope everything works out for you in the end.

MollyBeGood

Yes excellent advice.