Just a short word.

WeirdyMcGee

So... I was thinking about what to say for awhile- not that long, really... only an hour or so; but I kept thinking back to my highschool graduation.
I was in A/V crew and my 'big assignment' was to create a video compilation of all of the graduates with a moving song...
There were several suggestions - none as moving as this one.

Everybody's Free to Wear Sunscreen! (Original + English Subtitles) - YouTube

For anyone still in highschool, in public school, entering university or college, getting married, not getting married, getting old, feeling young-- for everyone;
be your own person... and if you don't know how to do it, there aren't really any guidelines to become your own person except to do things that make you happy and to forgive your past.

I'm still struggling with this but I hope someday I can accept myself and forgive my past, become my own person and be happy-- for at least one day before I die.
haha
I'm not asking for too much, am I?
I hope everyone else can do the same as well.

I've been here for awhile... and by 'here'- I don't mean the forum; I mean at this point in my life.
At a standstill... or... a sitstill, rather.
Sitting in my room with the curtains drawn, depressed, hopeless, apathetic for more than 2 years in my room and the more I think about it the more I tend to focus only on that fact and not on getting better-- not on moving forward.
If you want to get better and move forward; you are the only person who can help yourself. I am the only person who can help me.
It's hard to figure out where to start though; so all I can do is make baby steps, go to therapy, force myself to go into public despite how much it terrifies me.

I'm not a shy person, I am terrified of being hurt.

The only way for me to get past this wall and be a person again is to allow myself to be hurt again. That feeling is just another part of life.
I'll cry, sure-- but I'll be able to laugh again... and I already cry now; the only difference is that it's so hard to be happy even for a moment.

...so...
here's to being happy-- someday.
Take small steps, do things you like to do and don't worry about things you cannot do anything about.

twiggle

Great 1000th post, Weirdy!

And its all so very true.

You're at a low point now but you know what you need to do. This phase now is the process in which you are really learning. If life was always happy and well-running, we'd never learn a thing.

You're moving in the right direction and I know you'll get there eventually, and when you do, you'll be all the stronger for it :)

Phoenixx

Thank you for posting this, Weirdy. Really. I'm someone who is constantly dwelling on the past. I hate it, but I can't seem to let go. And since arriving at college yesterday, my emotions have been so rough. ::(:

I need to get out of this stupid anxious, shy, timid shell. I need to force myself to do more things, talk, etc.