It's like no one cares...

Emma22w

I always feel so lonely, i have nobody to talk to, or turn to, or to trust. I get mad and frustrated alot.

Silvox Black

We all do my dear, we all do. We all live isolated in one way or another, no matter how close people stand to us.

Do you have a phone Helpline (with trained counsellors) there where you live? Sometimes they can be of help when you just need to talk to someone and there is no other alternative.

Qbmaster

If you feel bad about being lonely, you should do one of two things:

1. Accept that you are lonely and decide that you don't need anyone right now. This is not the same as not wanting friends or actively avoiding people. Having friends is a good thing, but not a requirement for being happy.

2. Decide that you are going to do something about your situation. Make some friends! It is not always easy, but the more people you talk to and the more people you try to make friends with, the more friends you will make.

This choice can be applied to almost everything that makes you feel bad: Accept it or do something about it. If you don't accept your situation but don't do anything to make it better, it is natural that you will get mad and frustrated! This can be hard to do, but I've found that it really helps.

U

userremoved

I can understand your frustration. Doesn't seem like something so easy should be so hard for us.

DanFC

I know how that feels, as do most on this forum. There are so many things swirling around our heads and we can't just let it out like others can, such is our curse. Well at least we got each other to talk to. Trust is a whole different issue but hey, anonymity sometimes provides a substitute to trust, to a certain extent. Even then though, conditions don't just disappear.

Emma22w

I know how that feels, as do most on this forum. There are so many things swirling around our heads and we can't just let it out like others can, such is our curse. Well at least we got each other to talk to. Trust is a whole different issue but hey, anonymity sometimes provides a substitute to trust, to a certain extent. Even then though, conditions don't just disappear.

That's true.

DanFC

For example right now, It'd be really nice just to talk to someone about how my day went, how my interview went, and to hear about how someone else's day was, and what they hope for tomorrow, no matter how trivial it is. But it's like you said, you turn, and there's no one there.

DanFC

It's conversing not conversating :p lol Nah, just kidding, I know how it is. I'm usually like that too. But like I said before, anonymity provides security.

Emma22w

Tis true. I envy people my age, they have it all going for them. Friends, academic smartness, just a great life in general.

DanFC

Always got to be careful with envy, it's put me in a dangerous position more than once. Anyways, some people would reply to what you said saying that everyone has problems, blah blah blah. But it is true that some people really have their life together, by their own merit or otherwise. And after seeing their happiness, I am forced to wonder why am I torturing myself, why? And I just don't have a good answer to that, I guess I'm a self-masochist.

Edit:

Looking back at my post it may seem like I was just rambling, lol. But no, I was making a connection between others searching and finding happiness in something (be it themselves, relationships, or success) while I can't keep myself from living in sorrow; that was the connection :)

Last edited:

ffeev223234

Failed interactions are reasons why many people can not succeed.
Envy is one of the deadly sins do not forget that

Interzone

Tis true. I envy people my age, they have it all going for them. Friends, academic smartness, just a great life in general.

You and me both. I know exactly what you are describing and feeling because I am currently experiencing the same situation and have been for the past several years.

Jin

If you feel bad about being lonely, you should do one of two things:

1. Accept that you are lonely and decide that you don't need anyone right now. This is not the same as not wanting friends or actively avoiding people. Having friends is a good thing, but not a requirement for being happy.

2. Decide that you are going to do something about your situation. Make some friends! It is not always easy, but the more people you talk to and the more people you try to make friends with, the more friends you will make.

This choice can be applied to almost everything that makes you feel bad: Accept it or do something about it. If you don't accept your situation but don't do anything to make it better, it is natural that you will get mad and frustrated! This can be hard to do, but I've found that it really helps.

ill go for no.1 i already accepted whats the reality within me... i have friends but not that active... iam more fond of going and doing some things alone...and i feel happy about it.....

Darker Than Black

no matter how many vids i put on youtube, or how hard i try to talk and make convo, i always end up feeling lonely when I'm alone in a lab, a class, i don't REALLY know anyone, except who they are..etc

206Raider

I know exactly what you mean, a lot of my days I just have nobody to tell things to, except on here and somebody else I talk to but thats online as well. My online life beats my real life at the moment lol.