Is This Safe Enough?....

BlaiseBLATES

I havent been out for 18 weeks now...It's messed up my whole life, my friends barely ever talk to me, my boyfriend left me and my dad cant seem to actually understand and yells at me for 'not trying'.
I've got three different types of councelling, one for my agoraphobia, one for depression and another for anger...But NONE of it seems to help..Recently i was watching Jeremy Kyle in another day faking ill to not be in school and there was a man who was taught breathing excersises THAT MORNING and he sat through the 20 minutes without a single look of anxiety on his face...He also meancioned the fact he was on Valium...I need a break, just to rebuild my life...Does anyone have a past with drugs such as this and do they help at all?!
[/b]

Drugs can be really good for a case like yours, when you're finding it very hard to go out at all. I'm not sure I'd recommend a sedative only, but you could try SSRI anti-depressants (they're good for agoraphobia too) AS WELL AS therapy. It's really important that you find a good therapist too, I don't believe you can recover with just drugs.
You may also take a sedative as well as an antidepressant, as the antidepressants are for long term recovery, and the sedatives can be for the moments of real stress and panic when you need immediate relief.
I really hope you can find someone to talk to about it. First you need to get on to your doctor to sort out a therapist (and make sure you tell your doctor how badly you need help) and antidepressants, and perhaps sedatives.
Hope that helps a little! Good luck!

Liz17

I often wonder about anti-depressants, I have heard quite a few pwoplw say their good for agrophobia but Ive never tried them as I dont see how it would make it better?

BlaiseBLATES

kayelle said:
Drugs can be really good for a case like yours, when you're finding it very hard to go out at all. I'm not sure I'd recommend a sedative only, but you could try SSRI anti-depressants (they're good for agoraphobia too) AS WELL AS therapy. It's really important that you find a good therapist too, I don't believe you can recover with just drugs.
You may also take a sedative as well as an antidepressant, as the antidepressants are for long term recovery, and the sedatives can be for the moments of real stress and panic when you need immediate relief.
I really hope you can find someone to talk to about it. First you need to get on to your doctor to sort out a therapist (and make sure you tell your doctor how badly you need help) and antidepressants, and perhaps sedatives.
Hope that helps a little! Good luck!

Thanks for your help.
I've been to the doctor and im on a low valium now for a month..and anti depressants. I had a councellor already and they're trying there best to help me over come the reason why this all started off.
Thanks again :)