Is this possibly my answer?

Araignee

When I was younger, I was diagnosed with ADD, anxiety, depression, and emetophobia. I'm now 18 and as I've grown, I've realized that general anxiety is too broad to describe my feelings. No therapy work I've done for anxiety has helped at all, so I'm looking for a more specific answer. I am currently a freshman in college, and so I can't talk to my old therapist, and getting an appointment with one in the college health facility is close to impossible unless you say you're about to commit suicide.

Anyway, there are some specific things (besides what make me emetophobic) that cause me to become panicky and often have a panic attack.
-I walk fast, very fast, about as fast as most people jog. Even if I'm in no rush to be on time, I walk extremely fast and get to my destination way too early.
-I hate crowds, hence why I walk so fast. Being in a crowded building stuck at a near standstill causes my heart to beat faster, shortness of breath, racing thoughts etc.
-Driving also drives me crazy. I love being able to drive because I can get away faster, however if I am stuck in traffic or behind someone slow, the same thing happens as when I'm stuck in a crowd.
-Due to reasons above, I hate crowded shopping malls, cities, schools. I feel best when I'm out in nature all alone.
-In high school, I never was comfortable having friends come over to my house, because it's too hard to throw someone out if you want them to leave, and I need that option. I didn't want people being around in case I started feeling panicky.
-I'm not a shy person and most social situations don't freak me out any more than anyone else. I do not like strangers however, and am probably more creeped out about being around too many strangers than most people.

Basically, I can't talk to a real psychiatrist, so I figure the next best thing is to ask those that suffer from what I think I could possibly be suffering from too. Does this sound like Agoraphobia to you?

SteveW

I can identify with most of those points. I've just been out for a short drive locally, a place I've known all my life. Firstly I was apprehensive about going, but before I knew it I had started going in that direction - down a one-way street. I had to finish my route. It was worst when I reached the main road and roadworks. Travelling round a roundabout and cars pulling out in front etc I just suddenly got the dry mouth, tense stomach and thought to myself, I'm going to be sick - which is one of my phobias. So then the anxiety increases and I just want to get home, yet I don't want to drive fast as it makes me more nervous! Argh!

Makes me pretty depressed that I've tried to do the right thing and help myself, but have yet again taken a set-back. What the hell do I have to do to get over this?!

lettypagb

the therapist in my highschool is the same as in your college , he just make appointments when someone is about to die aihsofiahsr ,lol , is so wierdo.