Is this a good way to get a girlfriend?

Rise Against

This is a conversation i had with my friend. He's trying to get to make a move on this chick. I know that i don't have the most experience when it comes to women, but my best judgment says that this is NOT the way to do it :D.

My friend says:
are you willing to copy and paste what i tell ya?

I say:
maybe

My friend says:
how's this sound, "Katey, your beautiful eyes allow me to relate to my true happiness if you were with me, yet you're overall beauty gives me the strength to become a state champion! I beg that you wish me luck for the track meet tomorrow!"?

...lol, and he's not joking around, he's being serious :eek:.

Perfidion

It sounds awful. Personally, the whole thing oozes cheese. And I'm talking truly massive amounts of cheese. I think the girl in question would have to be either really vacuous or just gullible to fall for it. Most girls I know would read something like that and then spend the next ten minutes laughing scornfully.

Rise Against

It sounds awful. Personally, the whole thing oozes cheese. And I'm talking truly massive amounts of cheese. I think the girl in question would have to be either really vacuous or just gullible to fall for it. Most girls I know would read something like that and then spend the next ten minutes laughing scornfully.

Thats exactly what i thought, haha.

Sure_whynot

This is a conversation i had with my friend. He's trying to get to make a move on this chick. I know that i don't have the most experience when it comes to women, but my best judgment says that this is NOT the way to do it :D.

My friend says:

I say:
maybe

My friend says:
how's this sound, "Katey, your beautiful eyes allow me to relate to my true happiness if you were with me, yet you're overall beauty gives me the strength to become a state champion! I beg that you wish me luck for the track meet tomorrow!"?

Lol, with a line that good you could skip the whole relationship phase and move directly to the whole awkward seeing each other "after phase", In less time then it took me to type this.

hah =]
Whats your situation "in a nutshell"?
maybe I can help. =]

Joolin

As it is, you will only creep her out. Perhaps if you took it even further though it would tip over the edge into ironically insane territory, in which case you can play it off as a wacky, self deprecating joke. It should be noted, however, that my only relationship lasted two months, so take anything I say on the matter with a very large grain of salt.

Satine

Well, think of it this way: if you turn it around and imagine that a girl C&P'd that to you, what would you think? I mean, if I as a girl said to you,

'Your heart is like a magnet and it is my compass point. Without you my life is empty and has no direction. Let me cling to you!'

Would that seem natural to you? I suspect not. There's something about such cheese that is quite, quite vile. No, I'd leave out one-liners like this. They're no good.

Rise Against

My friend says:

I say:
maybe

My friend says:

Lol, there is no way in HELL that i will ever even attempt to use such a cheesy pickup line. ;)

Rise Against

Lol, with a line that good you could skip the whole relationship phase and move directly to the whole awkward seeing each other "after phase", In less time then it took me to type this.

hah =]
Whats your situation "in a nutshell"?
maybe I can help. =]

Basically i wanted to get a girlfriend... but now, im just giving up for a while, lol. Girls are way too confusing.

Sure_whynot

Basically i wanted to get a girlfriend... but now, im just giving up for a while, lol. Girls are way too confusing.

lol, ok but... It kinda sounds your making it harder then it actually is.

Im pretty good at this stuff, If you need advice feel free to ask/message.