Is social phobia higher in other countries?

Henry

See the reason I asked was because on this forum, I there seems to be much more people with SP in the UK or Australia than the US. I really dont know so thats why I'm asking: Do you think people with SP is higher in other countries than yours (mine being US)? It seems here that there are not too many people here that I have seen that have SP, either that or I'm isolating myself from them as well :D Anyway thats for any responses and note that I'm not trying to pick on other countries saying that they are inferior to the US, not at all, I respect all of em, and I bet there tons better than here. Thanks.

Remus

Staff member
maybe coz in the UK there isnt as much stigma attached to being a 'loser' as in the US, so people are more open about admitting it?

blank

Henry said:
See the reason I asked was because on this forum, I there seems to be much more people with SP in the UK or Australia than the US. I really dont know so thats why I'm asking: Do you think people with SP is higher in other countries than yours (mine being US)? It seems here that there are not too many people here that I have seen that have SP, either that or I'm isolating myself from them as well :D Anyway thats for any responses and note that I'm not trying to pick on other countries saying that they are inferior to the US, not at all, I respect all of em, and I bet there tons better than here. Thanks.

I was wondering the same thing.
Maybe i need to follow that link to the u.s. site.

(Henry : I'm glad to see that you are not another arrogant american that thinks our country is better than the rest of the world. )

Actually, in many ways we are far, far behind the rest of you folks reading this, and I appologize for the way that my country - and especially our president treats you all.

Henry

Lol ya our president isnt too "bright" so you have to forgive us. Hey I would have voted for Kerry if I was old enough :x

Anonymous

Henry said:
See the reason I asked was because on this forum, I there seems to be much more people with SP in the UK or Australia than the US. I really dont know so thats why I'm asking: Do you think people with SP is higher in other countries than yours (mine being US)?

I'm an aussie and i find this to be very interesting. Per capita we have an amazing rate of top sportspersons and the same with SP. Most top sports people are highly neurotic - thats what makes them want to win more than others. Perhaps we are the neurotic country due to some cultural habit?