Is she bored of me?

SonicMan

Hey guys, I'm confused and need help.

I have a friend in a group, I was her safety net and the one who befriended her when no one else would. Recently she has cancelled meet ups 4 times out of 5, using various excuses. Then at the Christmas party last night I went over to ask her how things are going and she said, "Go away, I need some space." Later I saw her happily talking to 3 other people that she "apparently doesn't like" and are only after sex, but I got pushed away and ignored for the whole night. Not even a goodbye. I was supposed to be her closest friend but I guess she found something more interesting and got bored with me. :-(

theoutsider

The best thing you can do is what she asked. Giver her some space. I've been in similar situations where I have totally ignored the person who pushed me away. Almost always, they came around once they realized I wasn't following them and begging for their friendship. In truth, it's a hard thing to do but so worth it in the end. You may care about her but nobody deserves to be a doormat.

SonicMan

Thanks people. I've got more info on whats going on now. Turns out she doesn't trust me and is accusing me of having bad intentions. How can I trust her if she doesn't trust me. So much for being really good friends. Just because I'm male, I must only be after one thing. Well get over yourself, I was your FRIEND and never had the intentions you accuse me of. How dare you insult my friendship like that.

Rant over, sorry people.

SonicMan

Hey, good news. Turns out she was being manipulated by someone else. God knows why she believed their word over that of a close friend, but she Actually wanted to talk to me today and cleared the air. Just hope she doesn't turn on me again someday. But for now things look better. :)

Last edited:

SonicMan

Well, turns out she has mysteriously turned on me again. I now know that friendship means nothing to her and the only thing she cares about is herself. She has messed with my mind too much now and there is no excuse to keep treating your friends like a doormat. Valuable lesson learned here - Manipulative people don't make good friends.

That sucks. I've been in that situation a couple of times. If she's still playing mindgames or whatever, my only advice is to go no contact for at least a little while but that could be tricky depending on how often you see her.