Is it wrong to flirt with someone you're not interested in?

alwaysrunning

In the past i was reaaaaally intimidated by guys i was attracted to so i started to only talk to guys i wasnt attracted to...(wierd i know). But now ive recently decided to just jump into high waters and attempt to rid myself of my shyness for good. Ive done it in the past but more so recently and sometimes it doesnt end so well because guys think im actually atttracted to them. I know guys do it all the time even if they know the girl is into them, but most of the time ppl just do it just because right. I mean i would never flirt with someone i actually like that would leave me open for heartbreak and vulnerabillity. Have any of u experienced this?

jjsan777z

i try to avoid at all costs w/girls im not interested in, the last thing i want is that they like me, so i try not talking to them, but then im also too chicken too flirt, or evn talk to girls i do like so i end up lonely and awk around girls in total.

I mean i would never flirt with someone i actually like that would leave me open for heartbreak and vulnerabillity.

Did you ever think flirting with guys you don't like leaves them open to heartbreak and vulnerability?

I think it's in many girls nature to flirt, it's just how far you take the flirting.
Just remember they are people too. It's never nice to lead anyone on if your intentions are soley for yourself.

You shouldn't make someone feel they are interested in them if you're not.you shouldn't tell them they fascinate you only to take away their self confidence.
It's kinda like using people.
People who feel used generally tend to feel super lonely and hurt most of the time.

armadillo

I say go ahead and do whatever you need to do. People do get their feelings hurt sometimes and that's just how it is. If you learn from doing this, power to you. We all do things that aren't nice at times because we need to acquire experience in life. If you worry too much about doing the 'right' thing you'll never know what it's like to do the 'wrong' thing and you'll always be wishing you were doing it. You need to arrive at 'right' and 'wrong' for yourself, and for some people that requires action. Good luck!

WeirdyMcGee

well... there's flirting then there's being nice. Both can make a person think you are interested in them.
Both ways can hurt people's feelings.
I don't think there's any real win-win way to communicate people in a polite way unless they know from the beginning that you are not interested- but are just being nice.

I wouldn't flirt with anyone I didn't want to date-- but then again; I wouldn't know the difference between flirting and being nice, anyways.
I am just dense.

Waybuloo

God I see people flirt all the time, and some peoples demeanor come across as flirty anyways. Most people don't take it seriously, especially in the workplace. By flirting I mean like talking in a playful way and showing interest in eye contact, sometimes laughing a lot at what the other person says, in jokes that sort of thing. I don't mean pick up lines and more obvious behaviours. I see a lot of it between men and women. Some guys do it to all girls no matter who they are and what they look like, because they like to cheer them up and make them feel a bit more special.

Unless the person on the receiving end is extremely gullible or haven't had any experiences with the opposit sex, or has a i'm God's gift to women complex, they won't think you are interested in them, per se.

I know why you want to do it to guys you are not attracted to. I would too because I would never flirt with people I am attracted to. But then again I don't know how to flirt and have never done so in my life. Do it girl, and do it for all the rest of us girls who never have the guts and know how.

Last edited:

Kiwong

I am a guy I don't flirt with anyone, I don't have the cofidence. I imagine many girls are the same.

Acegame

I think there is nothing wrong with that. You probably make him feel good. Its a nice feeling when someone is flirting with you. The guy never has to know you are not interested in him.